Rosemary Conley CTJE1

Rosemary Conley CTJE1

Juice Extractor - 400

Review of "Rosemary Conley CTJE1"

published 05/09/2005 | Ruthiejane
Member since : 11/06/2002
Pro Delious juice and smoothies
Cons Not that easy to clean
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Smoothies and Juices"

As I recently received this product for my birthday I thought I'd tell you all about it. In the last fortnight I have tried a range of delious new drinks, all making think that I'm being very healthy.

When I opened the box there are three main sections. The larger oval power unit, the juicer section which sits on top, and the blender goblet. Its all made of white or transparent plastic and looks very smart on the work top. They do not supply a way of storing the product altogether so an extra shelf is needed to keep the blender attachment. (If like me you use the juicer more than the blender!)

The juicer section has a circular grater/filter that sits inside and a funnel with a pusher for getting the fruit and vegetables through. You chop up your fruit - there is advice in the book about what to peel and what not to bother, what to remove seeds from and so on. For soft fruit you then press the low button and for harder things such as carrots, celery and apples you press the high button. Feed the fruit through the funnel, not forgetting to place a glass underneath the shoot - in seconds out pours lovely juice and the top section is filled with the fibres.

For breakfast this morning I juiiced two carrots, an apple, a small piece of ginger root and a stick of celery. This filled a large glass and made a delious drink. One of my other favourite recipes is to juice a peach, and then pour the juice into the blender section, add a banana, a couple of spoonfuls of natural yoghurt, a handful of frozen raspberrys and some milk. Blitz for a few seconds and wow! Neither of these take much time, except for the washing up.

One problem is what to do with all the left over fruit pieces. You could of course throw them in the bin or on the compost heap. I've found that my Guinea Pig loves the carrot mush, especially if its mixed with other vegetable. When using more fruits in the juicer I've tried making muffins using the puree and this seems to work quite well - but I don't eat that many muffins!

The other problem with the juicer is cleaning it. The top clear section seems to get fruit stuck inside it, and it would be very useful to have a bottle brush included in the pack for getting to the hard to reach areas. I would also like to have seen a container included for collecting the juice.

I've not used the blender so much yet, though the book that comes with the product does have some recipes for it including mackeral pate, caribbean punch, pesto and iced irish coffee.

As I received this as a present I didn't know how much it cost or where to buy it, but a quick google search as just shown me that
Argos and John Lewis both have them for sale for about £39.99.

All in all a very healthy product which gets lots of use in my kitchen.

• Crazykurst published 19/08/2006
    got any good recipies, kirsty
  • sar80 published 05/09/2005
    I want to get one of these. Heard lots of good things about them. I just need to find a space in the kitchen to put it.. lol Good review.
  • Miles13 published 05/09/2005
    This might be a product I should invest in, I find eating fruit in it's natural form a bit of a no, no I don't like getting sticky hands (maybe sounds a little werid but that me a little werid) thanx for sharing your experiences of this product - Milt