Rover 75 2.0

Saloon - Petrol

Review of "Rover 75 2.0"

published 29/11/2007 | pressphotography
Member since : 23/05/2007
Pro Fantastic looks, lot of car for the money, smooth V6 engine, comfortable, reliable
Cons Lack of Rover dealers after collapse of the company, expensive to run (V6 petrol)
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"Rover 75 connoisseur SE V6 automatic"

Review on the Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.0L V6 Automatic. Year 2000 model.

I purchased this car in 2004 with 22,000 miles on the clock. I kept it for almost 4 years and covered 73,000 miles. I really enjoyed owning the Rover 75 and never had any major issues with it. The cost of servicing was fairly high, especially the 6 year service which included changing the cambelts, this was a whopping £800.

The interior conveys a feeling of luxury, from the burr walnut dash to the piped leather seats. Extras on my car included a burr walnut steering wheel, sat nav, TV with teletext, cruise control, electric rear blind, trip computer and heated seats. You also get seperate climate control for each side of the car, something missing on many more expensive cars. The dashboard has a lovely orange glow which I much prefer to the green on my new car (Jaguar X type).

The automatic gearbox is smooth although sometimes the car seemed to lack torque, when you push the pedal down hard you get lots of noise from the V6, but this is not converted into much extra power at the wheels.

Fuel economy was generally around 30 MPG on average and about 37 MPG on the motorway. On more than one occasion I saw less than 15 MPG on the trip computer.

The car seemed to eat a lot of tyres, typically I'd get about 15,000 miles before the tyres became worn. I also had to replace the brake pipes after an MOT failure, these seem to corrode. Other than these issues I had no break downs or mechanical problems.

In the end I had to change the Rover 75 for something more economical, I drive a lot of miles and with the current price of petrol it was not much fun filling up woth £57 and only getting 350 miles.
Recently I traded it in for a Jaguar X type diesel. I actually really miss the Rover 75 and was very sad to see it go.

• ScottishWestie published 30/11/2007
    MY MATE HAD ONE & IT BLEW THE CYLINDER HEAD GASKETS TWICE, THE LAST ONE COST HIM OVER £1000 WHICH JUST ABOUT BLEW HIS GASKET!!! IT WAS VERY UNRELIABLE BUT A GREAT LOOKING CAR WITH A GREAT INTERIOR.
  • tubster011 published 29/11/2007
    very good review
  • cherishgifts published 29/11/2007
    Shockingly bad car. A pig to drive with the reliablity of meeting a drunk on time on a brewery tour. Many better cars on the market for the money.