Royal Alexandra and Albert School

Royal Alexandra and Albert School

Review of "Royal Alexandra and Albert School"

published 26/10/2004 | lisaboo
Member since : 12/10/2004
Pro Really nice grounds
Cons not allowed to walk around the grounds if your a pupil

"the royal alexndra and school"

Wow i can't actually believe that my school is on this, but any way.
Well where do i begin? The school itself i can tell you that if your looking for a boarding school for your children then i suggest that you might like to look at this one.
Picture this i was in my old school which was a day school. I was getting bullied and my grades were declining and i was roughly estimated E's.
As soon as i found out after my interview that they were going to offer me a place i didnt refuse. Simply because now im in my third year there and im doing my GCSEs there and estimated B's. There are really good teachers here that can help you they even take their time out after school especially if your a GCSE student to help you with your coursework and revision.
As for the boarding side there are so many
activities you can do ranging from Horse riding, Duke of edinburgh and swimming plus a lot more. For the year 10 and 11 there is a coffee shop. It isn't actually a shop because the drinks are free.
The pupils and the staff in the house are really friendly as well. There are 3 senior girls houses, 4 senior boys houses and 3 junior houses. On a saturday you can get a late curfew to one of these houses until about 10:30/11:00.
The food well im not going to lie the food isnt all that great. We mainly have curry and all stuff like that. We have a salad bar though which is always nice differant to have.
There are some parts which some people dont appreciate such as prep time its a time about 1and a half ours in which you are to do your homework. Years 10 and 11 can go to the LRC (ict room) during that time but if the younger pupils need to go then they go after school.
School on Saturdays for around three hours it isnt all that bad because after that we can go down town. It takes about 15 mins to 30 mins to walk down town (redhill) the years 10 and 11's can get permission to go further a field to places such as crawley, croydon etc. Also on a sunday evening we have a chaple service which lasts for around half an hour.
On site we also have a health centre where you go if your ill and they can dose you up if you nee something and they can also book you in with the doctor which comes every tuesday.

The Royal Alexandra and albert school is in Reigate which is in surrey and has good links with the m25. Just off junction 8.
Also there are pupils which dont live in Britain but live in Germany and France etc. They can get a flight over to gatwick which is close by and come to school here.
overall i give this school 8/10
This school offers the normal lessons
English
History
Geography
PSHCE
PE
This school is an independant school and the patron is the duchess of glouster.
So basically its just like a day school but somr of the pupils board here. We also have the day boarders who stay till about nine and then the day pupils who just stay for the school day from 8:30 until 3:30
The full boarders pay £2990
The day boarders pay £960
And day pupils pay £270

the above prices are per term

• MAFARRIMOND published 26/10/2004
    Sounds a good school. Maureen
  • helencbradshaw published 26/10/2004
    I dread to think what the costs are!
  • L0BSTER_QUADRILLE published 26/10/2004