Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc

Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc

Review of "Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc"

published 11/12/2009 | judest
Member since : 11/12/2009
Pro NONE sorry.
Cons Claiming! Phoning!
Competitiveness of APR
Comprehensiveness of range of products
Product package
Efficiency of service

"Paymentshield/Royal & Sun Alliance"

We would never take out a policy with Paymentshield or Royal & Sun Alliance underwriters ever again.

The customer service is appalling. I had an escape of water necessitating building work to a party wall between my bathroom and my neighbour's kitchen. We got three quotes and the work came to £500 - £600, the amount Paymentshield say they are sending us - £32.17p yes that's £32.17 (£200 is excess). This is how they have managed to wriggle out of paying.

The water damage caused wood to rot in our old house, wooden exposed beams in a victorian cottage. Yet they say wood rot is not covered and by any circumstances so therefore the've worked out to replace a bit of plasterboard and insulation is all that is required hence the pathetic amount which they still haven't sent or written to us. HOWEVER THE ONLY LETTER WE HAVE RECEIVED DURING THE PAST SIX WEEKS OF THE CLAIM IS TO TELL US THAT THEY'VE PUT OUR PREMIUMS UP and this was before they'd even come to a decision! By the time the policy ends in approx 9 mnths we will actually be out of pocket rather than if we haven't claimed!!

So there you are RSA decide that you should be penalised for simply daring to claim on your insurance. We've been with them for four years, I didn't think paying out a max of £400 (£200 excess) was going to be a huge deal but clearly it is, they want to con you and they've covered all their bases. READ THE SMALL PRINT then you'll determine that there SIMPLY ISN'T ANYTHING THAT COULD CONCEIVABLY HAPPEN TO YOUR HOUSE THAT THEY WILL ACTUALLY COVER!.

My neighbours want to get the wall repaired ASAP and all this claim has done is delay us getting the work done by Six weeks.

The Claims Manager was truly unbelievable, obtuse to be fair, didn't return calls as promised, had to be continually chased and the claims handlers incompetent to a level I have never before encountered anywhere.

Receptionists at RSA cut you off, stick you on hold forever and lie to you when you try and get through to the Claims Manager, oh yes after they leave you on hold for an age, they advise you that whilst you were waiting on the phone ' he had actually gone home' thanks.

Steer a wide bearth, I have had to write to RSA however I have not had a cheque for the £32.17 or even a letter confirming the decision, I've had it given verbally over the phone by a jobs-worth but frankly when requested the claims handlers advice - 'oh no we don't do that'.

WHAT DO PAYMENTSHIELD ACTUALLY DO? Send out letters with wonderful slogans such us 'we've got it covered' like I've told them, I think this refers to their
own backside!