Review of "Rubies Deluxe Batman Costume"

published 27/03/2015 | xmum2fourx
Member since : 04/08/2007
....
Pro Well made, looks good
Cons None

"Rubies Deluxe batman costume"

Rubies Deluxe Batman Costume

Rubies Deluxe Batman Costume

The costume

My boys decided they wanted to be Batman and Robin for Halloween so I set off to find costumes for them. I found this on Ebay for around £17 which seemed to be the average price for a super hero costume. There are so many different types of Batman costumes available so I just picked any as I was sure my son didn't mind which variation he had. This version seems to be a hit and is a Rubies Batman deluxe version as it comes with muscles. They are available on Amazon and other online stores.

This costume comes in three sizes 3-4 years, 5-6 years and 7-8 years. We purchased ours in a seven to and eight for my son who is 8 in the summer. The costume is quite generous in sizing and we find that it is a little baggy at the neck area and top of the legs. The rest of the costume is not bad with the trousers being the perfect size and the rest of the outfit fitting him right. If we had gone up a size like we usually do it would have been far too big for him.

Ours is completely different from the picture above and I'm not sure why as I suggested it with the correct photo. With the set you receive a two piece batman costume, a mask that is also the cape. The costume looks just as it should with most of it being grey and then black detailing here and there. It includes the all important Batman badge right in the middle of the chest. You receive mask to wear and this is made of fabric and is a cape as well. It pulls of over your head so the mask sits over you eyes and the back of it is nice and long to form the cape. All of the detailing to the costume is well thought out and it does look very good.

Our thoughts

My son likes this costume and he has worn it quite a lot since we purchased it in October. He used it for a number of Halloween parties, birthday parties and a super hero day at school. He does not really wear it to make up stories anymore but it still gets a lot of use for special occasions. He find it very comfortable and despite there being quite a lot of material due to the padded muscles he can wear a t shirt and trousers underneath without any problems. The material is nice and soft on his skin and he loves the muscles on it as of course all super heroes should be strong. He also likes it is in two pieces rather than a jumpsuit. He tends to run around a lot and give it all the rough play seven year old boys clothes have to put up with. He does not really like masks as was not keen on wearing this one. It fitted his head well and as it is elasticated it has some give. The eyes are well designed so you can see out if the mask clearly but I think it could get quite hot wearing it for a long time.

We have washed this a few times now and it is still in great condition. I tend to put it on a low wash and have been known to throw it in the tumble dryer if we are in a rush. It comes out perfectly with the shape remaining, colours as dark as ever and with no bobbling of the material. It is still in fantastic condition and my younger boys will be able to use this when they grow a little. The material is nice and thick so it can last lots of play but it is not too heavy so that it is too warm. It has lasted the wear and washing well and other than a few loose thread on the muscles it is still in great condition. It does get quite creased after being washed but with some steam you can get most of them out.

I would recommend this dress up as my son loves it and it has proven to be durable. At £17 it is about average for a character dress up and while it's quite expensive I expect it to get lots more use from my boys. It contains everything you need to be batman and my son enjoys wearing it on special occasions. It's easy to get on, comfortable to wear and great for fancy dress parties and make believe. Other batman costumes are similar prices and for the money we paid we have been pleased with how well it has lasted. We purchased ours from Ebay but it is available from a number of other online stores.

• pumfster published 06/04/2015