Costume - For ages: 3 Years +

Review of "Rubies Robin Childrens Costume"

published 21/02/2015 | xmum2fourx
Member since : 04/08/2007
....
Pro Fits well, very well made and washes well
Cons Eye mask is useless

"A really good Robin costume"

The costume

My children decided they wanted to be Batman and Robin for Halloween so I went on a hunt for costumes for them. I came across both Batman and Robin on EBay for £14.99 each. Batman was easy to find but Robin seems to be a little harder to come across. It is available in ages 3 up to 8 years old. The Costume looks just as it should and copies the character perfectly so it is instantly recognisable who you are dressing up as.

In the set you receive an all in one suit for the main part of the costume and then a belt, cape and mask to be added after that. You simply step into it like a onesie and then I thought it would fasten at the back but it just sits open the slightest amount, but still noticeable when the cloak is off. Once the cloak is added you can’t see this and it does not affect the fit or use of the costume at all. It stays in place comfortably without slipping but I do wish there was a way to fasten it.

This is a really well made costume. I have had both good and bad experiences with Rubies costume but this really is one of the best ones we have had from them. The material is nice and thick and the padded muscles work really well on the costume my son loves that he looks super hero strong when he puts it on. While it is thick my son still tends to wear clothing underneath it however I do think he could become too warm in the warmer months with two layers on.

Our thoughts

My son loves this costume and it gets chosen over and over. Being four my younger son wears his Robin costume a lot more than my older son wears his Batman one. It is perfect for make believe and he often runs around saving the day at home. He has worn it for a number of special occasions including Halloween parties and a super hero’s day at nursery. This is probably the costume that gets the most use out of all of the ones he owns so it has been a really good buy.

The only thing that lets this costume down is the eye mask. It is fastened by Velcro but it is too short to fit around my sons head so there was no way to get it on. As the mask is a big part of the look my little boy was upset, but he soon forgot about it and probably would not have kept it on anyway. I still think it could be made better especially as its one of the noticeable pieces of the costume. The cape just ties at the neck and is comfortable to wear and the belt is elasticised so it fits perfectly.

We purchased our costume in 5-6 years for my son who is five in the summer. We always tend to go a size up with dressing up costumes as they fit well and last that bit longer. We found going up a size to be a good idea as it fits him really well and he still has a small amount of room to grow into it and enjoy it. My son finds it a little annoying he has to pull the suit down past his waist to go to the toilet, but other than that he finds it comfy and loves wearing it.

I have washed this costume over and over again, as of course with Robin being a super hero he can get messy very quickly. The costume has washed really well with no deterioration at all on a low heat wash but I do let it dry naturally rather than in the dryer. It also has survived the rough and tumble of a four year old without ripping or fraying in any way at all. It has more than worth it’s £15 in play and I am sure it will last him and maybe my younger son a considerable amount of time yet.

I would recommend this costume as it has been a big hit with my son. It costs around £15 on Amazon and on EBay, but I chose to purchase on eBay as there are bad reviews about the sizing on Amazon. I’m glad I did as it fits my son well and has been a well loved addition to our dressing up collection. It is reasonable price for a dress up and fantastic quality too.

• GeorgieH1994 published 25/02/2015
    vh
  • wazza115 published 24/02/2015
    How cute :) E!
  • K2705 published 23/02/2015
    Vh.

offers "Rubies Robin Childrens Costume"