Russell Court Hotel, Bournemouth

Russell Court Hotel, Bournemouth

Hotel - Bath Road, Bournemouth, Dorset, BH1 2EP - 62 Rooms

Review of "Russell Court Hotel, Bournemouth"

published 24/02/2009 | bella6789
Member since : 16/02/2009
I strive to give informative, honest and well written reviews from my own experiences.
Good
Pro Good value for money and good location.
Cons Based on the price, none.

"A decent but basic 2 star hotel near Bournemouth Pier"

I often stay in Bournemouth when visiting my Dad who only has a one bedroom flat.

I have tried a few hotels and this one was okay. When I stayed in the hotel in September 2008 the rooms were undergoing a refit and being modernised. I managed to stay in one of the rooms that has already been modernised and it provided a comfortable stay.

I paid £59 for a one night stay in a double room on a room only basis but this was still in high season. Room rates in low season are approximately £25 lower in price.

The room had an en suite bathroom with a bath that had a shower head and shower screen built on to it.

Their was an LCD TV screen mounted on the wall of the bedroom although the number of channels was fairly limited. Tea and coffee making facilities, extra pillows and blankets in a cupboard. The room was warm, adjustable central heating radiators, but also had openable windows which looked out on to the sea.

Good wardrobe space, a dressing table and draw space.

The bed was comfortable enough and the linen and pillows were of a good standard.

The restaurant/bar was reasonable and the staff on reception were polite and helpful. I did not have a car but there was some car parking space outside but I don't know if this would incur an extra charge.

The hotel is about a 5 minute walk from Bournemouth pier and a similar distance from Bournemouth town centre. Its abour 2 Km from Bournemouth Railway Station.

Hotel stays in Bournemouth are quite expensive so I'd recommend The Russell Court as one of the better value 2 star hotels to stay at.