Review of "Russell Hobbs 12620 Smoothie Maker"

published 17/05/2011 | samanthaseggie
Member since : 16/05/2011
Pro nice delicious smotthie easy pouring
Cons quite heavy
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Russell Hobbs 12620 Smoothie Maker you ole smoothie!!"

I bought this Smoothie Maker as i had decided to try and make some yummy smoothies to be healthy!, I spend quite a lot of money on smoothies before work or at lunch to give me a vitamin boost and watched them doing it one day and decided to but a smoothie machine and do it myself i was hoping my investment would pay off in the long run! On average a smoothie is around £4 to buy!

Its not like a normal blender/smoothie maker as lets face it you can do both whichever blender you buy as long as it has good blending blades! It has a tap like feature at the front which means you can use dispense as much as you want it to a glass without the messiness i think this is a good feature especially for me as i am clumsy and would no doubt spill it everywhere if i had to pour it from the 1.8 litre blending jug! Also its very good if you are measuring out portions.

It quite nice looking in black and sliver and is quite heavy, the box did come with a warning that it was quite heavy so i would just be careful when first installing it, once its on the sideboard its ok though as it has little sticker tings on the bottom which make it easy to slide back and forth, i have a lot of chrome in my kitchen so i found that it went really nicely with all my other bits and peices!

It cost me £49.99 on special offer in Tesco (Reduced from £69.99) i also received club card points as well (every little helps) so already i estimated if i used this every morning i would get my monies worth it around 2 weeks as like i mentioned i usually buy a £4 smoothie every morning for my breakfast so over £2 weeks i would have spent £56 its just one of my little vices!

Ok so along with this in Tesco i bought 100 plastic cups with lids and 100 straws for £3 (Bargain) I found i didn't need to buy 'fresh fruit' except banana's and i also bought some fresh orange juice.

the Test -

The smoothie maker itself comes with 3 setting, Pulse - which is good if you like lots of bits in your smoothie's, mix which i found would be better if you were mixing fruit juices or making cocktails and blend which was what i used as it made a nice smooth smoothie. It also had an ice crushing button which came in handy as i did add ice to my smoothie but i couldn't help but think it would be better for the cheeky cocktail :0) I used frozen fruit which despite what you think is just as healthy as fresh fruit as long as you buy good quality frozen fruit which has been frozen quickly and kept in the vitamins. Ice and fresh orange. It mixed everything together really well and make a really yummy smoothie!!! To make it even better i just pressed the tap and it let me pour as much or as little as i wanted. so you do have the option of keeping some in the fridge!

The taste test -

Delicious smooth tasty smoothie and i have to say i think tastier than the one's i 'shop buy' as the machine has a great filter which filters out mush and seeds!! Brilliant!

The cleaning test -

As long as you clean straight away it is really easy to clean! I squirted a little bit of washing up in to the bottom and filled with hot water and used my little scrubbing brush to get in to corners, the fruit lifted easily and it took me all of 5 minutes to clean, i would suggest making sure you squeeze the tap to run hot water through it and cleaning it and giving around the tap a scrub to ensure none gets trapped in there

Overall -

Ok so overall i was spending £28 pounds a week on smoothies (eeek) now i spend £5 a week on fresh and frozen fruit and that's it! It is well worth the money, easy to clean and not only makes delicious smoothies for me but i have since used it to make soup and cocktails at a recent party! I have more than had my monies worth and will continue to use it.

I wouldn't recommend for anyone who doesn't have the time to use it as from start to finish it takes about 10-15 mins including blending and cleaning in the morning.