Russell Hobbs 14723-56 Steamglide Professional

Russell Hobbs 14723-56 Steamglide Professional

Irons - Steam Iron - Ceramic Sole - without Vertical Steam Shot - with Lime-scale Prevention

Review of "Russell Hobbs 14723-56 Steamglide Professional"

published 17/12/2011 | JL132
Member since : 23/12/2008
http://www.onesies-kopen.nl mijn eigen website onesies!
Pro very easy because it meets my wishes, good price, steam function
Cons Disadvantages: cant seperate water tank
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"The Russell Hobbs 14723 Steamglide Professional"

I can't really think of a person who likes to do the ironing. It's one of those chores that I hate to do. Often the laundry grows up to the ceiling so when I finally decide to actually attack that mountain I want an ironer that helps me and not works against me. Also important is that the iron isn't expensive and easy to use. The Russell Hobbs 14723 Steamglide Professional sounded perfect.

For me a product is important when I'm buying a product. I rather buy a known brand than some unknown brand. I know Russell Hobss sells good, reliable and safe products and has a good reputation. I have bought products of Russell Hobbs before and never really had any complains about it.

I think the Russell Hobbs 14723 Steamglide Professional looks very good and modern for an iron. The iron comes in white and blue and that gives it a really fresh look. At the front is where you can fill the water tank and unfortunately it doesn't disconnect from the iron so you have to hold the iron under the tap.

Of course you can set the temperature trough the thermostat control and you have the temperate light that indicates when the iron is at the right temperature. Finally at the back at the iron there is the cord which has a decent length at about 2 metres. It could have been a bit longer but it's good enough.

It's all about how the ironer works. The iron does not feel heavy while holding it and its quiet comfortable in the hand with the extra dimpled rubber handle. Of course after filling the iron with water it feels heaver but it doesn't give any problems when using the iron. The express steam and the water button are in front of the main part. Using the steam can definitely be handy while doing the ironing especially when there are many wrinkles. You can adjust the steam and have three star, two star, iron normally or no steam.

Although it's a non-drip iron I notice sometimes while using the iron that he drips a little bit of water on the clothes. He doesn't drip much but occasionally a drop. Easy to get rid of but sometimes annoying.

I might not like to iron but sometimes you just need to do it and then you better get it done and over with. My choice for Russell Hobbs 14723 Steamglide Professional has been very easy because it meets my wishes and it comes from a brand I trust. The iron comes at a good price (25 pounds) certainly with his steam feature which distinguishes him from an ordinary iron. He is lays well in my hand and is very easy to use because he doesn't feel too heavy. You have a few simple options like adjusting the temperate which is just very easy to do. The negatives are that you can't separate the water tank which can be a little bit annoying. But it's nothing really that bothers me that much. For me the most important thing is that it's easy in use and the steam function makes it easier to get rid of the wrinkles in the clothes. All in all very easy and good to use!

• carysb published 17/12/2011
    Do you not just use a jug to put the water in? My cheapy Iron from tesco came with a small cup thing with a lip to add water. It's a shame the more expensive models dont include this. :) C
  • catsholiday published 17/12/2011
    That is a better price than some I have read about recently.
  • daisyleex published 17/12/2011
    I've got this iron too, it's brill xx