SAGA

Cons LOADS
Price
Service
Efficiency

"SAGA ARE THE VERY WORST"

i took out insurance last April, had a claim in August for broken laptop, was informed by Saga you are not covered as portable electricals notr covered! Then in March this year lost my watch on holiday, told yet again you are not insured as only jewellery at home covered. when i took out policy i specifically referred to jewellery abroad as i travel a lot, and this was my main reason for taking out insurance cover.. They said they listened to the recording and I didnt mention this, THEY LIED! I had phone on speaker and my friend heard every word I said. Again they refused to pay out on my loss. Now policy was due for renewal and renewal letter arrived and said theywould take yearly premium from my debit card, i rang and said I DO NOT WISH TO RENEW SO DO NOT TAKE ANY MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT. I see from my bank account they have withdrawn this money! This has caused me to incur bank charges as by their actions they have caused me to go overdrawn. I am 65 yrs old and recovering from cancer. SAGA ARE IN MY OPINION CROOKS, THERE IS NO OTHER WORD FOR THEM, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I am contacting the insurance ombudsman tomorrow and have already sent my story to Watchdog and am ringing my bank to inform them a crime has been committed by Saga withdrawing monies from my account without my permission.

• torr published 05/04/2012
    I moved my household insurance policy away from them when they kept jacking up the premiums year-on-year by ridiculously high percentages. When I told them I was switching they immediately offered to reduce the premium, but by then I distrusted their whole attitude. From your experience it sounds like I may have done the right thing. Best wishes for your complete recovery.

Product Information : SAGA