SBC Collagen Skin Care Gel

SBC Collagen Skin Care Gel

Review of "SBC Collagen Skin Care Gel"

published 23/06/2010 | Stormyind
Member since : 22/06/2010
Pro It actually works! Anti-ageing, cooling, non-greasy, a pleasure to use.
Cons Smell might not be to everyone's tastes, a little tacky for some.
How easily is it absorbed?

"SBC Collagen Gel Really Does Work!"

I got SBC Collagen Gel as part of a beauty kit. I had read some of the reviews about it and I found it hard to believe all the rave reviews saying how effective it was. How could something so cheap and basic give such incredible results? I decided to go ahead and try it anyway due to the value of the skincare kit they were offering.

I am very impressed with this SBC Collagen Gel. When I got it, the first thing I did was put it on thickly as a face mask. I left it on for about 20 minutes and when I took it off I loved the results. It really did make my skin look younger! I wouldn't say it magically took away all the fine lines around my eyes, but what it did do was change the texture of my skin, plumping it up and making it look like the skin I had ten years ago. It also had a tightening and lifting effect. When I had it on as a mask it was so cool and refreshing, like a drink of water to my skin. It was an incredibly refreshing sensation.

This is a multi tasking product. I love that it can be used as a facial moisturiser, an eye gel, a mask and a body moisturiser all in one. I now use it every night as my night time treatment without anything else on top. SBC products are fabulous for the summer months, because they are cool feeling and non greasy. Its such a relief not to have to wear heavy oils and creams on my skin, especially as I have quite oily skin, but because it is ageing I feel I need to put something a bit more substantial on it to keep the wrinkles at bay. I wake up in the morning and my skin feels refreshed, plumped up and non greasy. It is a water based formula, and it doen't feel moisturising in the traditional way, so I was quite surprised that my skin was not dry after using it. Although I have oily skin, it gets a bit dehydrated and I suffer from dry flaky patches, especially round my nose. Since using the SBC range the flakiness has miraculously disappeared! My skin feels happy and settled with this product. SBC Collagen Gel is non greasy, but I'm still getting the anti-ageing treatment that I need. The other great thing about SBC Gels is that you can mix them and make your own beauty cocktails. I mix the Collagen Gel with a pump of the Balancing Jasmine and Evening Primrose Gel to help balance my dry and oily patches.

I was initially put off a little by the smell. I am used to using natural products on my skin, and although this Collagen Gel is promoted as a natural product the smell seemed a little synthetic for my liking, a bit like cheap bubble bath. I found it very noticeable and off putting at first but now I don't mind it at all, in fact it kind of grows on you. A word of warning, this product does contain alcohol, and I have heard that alchohol can be quite drying to the skin, but I have to say that my skin has been fine. Maybe all that collagen outweighs any negative effects. The marvelous effects are temporary, however so it is probably the kind of thing you need to use all the time to maintain the results. Whatever! It works for me and I am now a total SBC addict. I have been using the SBC products from head to toe recently, and I just can't face the thought of going back to greasy creams right now, especially in the summer months.

A lot of reviews I read about SBC products complained about the sticky' tacky feeling of the gels and the fact that they take a while to sink in, especially when you are using them as a body moisturiser. I personally find that all body lotions take a while to sink in, but this gel has a different feeling, its more of a wet cool feeling which dries with a slightly tight, tacky feel. It doesn't bother me, and once it dries in fully you very quickly forget you've got it on.

I love this gel - its anti-ageing, non greasy and refreshing, and it doesn't irritate my skin or give me spots. The effects are really quite magical, and its great value for money. I'm hooked!

• melodysparks published 24/06/2010
    Good review nice writing
  • dynamicnurse published 24/06/2010
    Nice work, well written.

offers "SBC Collagen Skin Care Gel"

Product Information : SBC Collagen Skin Care Gel

A natural facial and body moisturiser.How to use:To be used as a general moisturiser under make-up or at bedtime. Can be used beneath usual night cream. How it works:Collagen protein is known for its occlusive properties and may help to considerably reduce water evaporation when applied to the surface of the skin. Used regularly Collagen gel may help to temporarily minimise fine lines and puffiness. It will also add moisture to dry dehydrated skin caused by ageing or environmental elements. Can be used with galvanic, faradic and micro-current equipment.

Manufacturer: SBC