SIS GO 500G Electrolyte Energy Drink

SIS GO 500G Electrolyte Energy Drink

The carbohydrate energy fuel with electrolytes to give you ultimate performance in the heat.

Review of "SIS GO 500G Electrolyte Energy Drink"

published 14/11/2017 | angelfish28
Member since : 28/05/2013
Three triathlon done, one more to book... and a new job have kept me away for a while!
Pro flavours match the gels I use
Cons none for me
Taste
Effectiveness
Price level

"GO'ing for the Electrolytes"

In a previous review I said that I use the SIS range of sports nutrition when I'm taking part in triathlon events and training. Most of the time when I take myself out for a run I'll carry a small water bottle not so much because I want a drink but I because I really really hate the feeling of a dry mouth and throat, but when I take myself out on a long bike ride I tend to carry both water and a sports drink.

Typically I'll use the SIS Electrolyte range of drinks as I know I like the flavours and they don't upset my stomach. Of course how your body reacts is a very personal thing but I know of only one person who doesn't get on with the SIS range.

The SIS Electrolyte drink range are bought as a tub of powder to be mixed with water. I tend to by the 500g tubs as I don't feel that with the frequency I use them the larger 1kg, or 1.6kg tubs are worth while.

Just like the gel's previously reviewed they're designed to help an athlete gain a boost in energy to improve performance when tiring. The electrolyte drinks as well as boosting energy are designed to help hydration levels, providing in a 500ml serving 36g of carbohydrates.

The nutritional information for the tropical flavour taken from the label of my current tub is 47g carbohydrate (which differs from the website blurb), 187 cals, and a sodium content so small it doesn't feature on the label but should be around 20 mmol/L.

Each tub of powder contains a scoop to help measure the quantities accurately, the recommendation is for 50g of powder in each 500ml of water, if you happen to use SIS water bottles they actually have markings on them to show the where the powder level should be before adding water to make things even easier.

As I almost always use the powder in a sports bottle it is really easy to mix, fill to the fill line, or the correct number of scoops for the volume you want, add water and shake vigourously to mix.

I find that it is fairly easy to mix and I've never experienced sedimentation in the drink after it's been left sitting for a while.

I tend to pick the tropical flavour as it compliments my prefered tropical flavour gels and goes reasonably well with the orange ones which are my second choice. Other flavours available are Raspberry, Blackcurrant, Lemon and Lime, and Orange.

Having tried only the orange and tropical flavours I would say that both are quite sweet but for me not overly so when mixed properly.

The powder is vegan and along with the rest of the SIS range stringently tested to ensure it does not contain any substances on the World Anti Doping Agency banned list.

The powder can be bought in a few sizes as previously mentioned current RRP's from SIS own site are
500g £11
1kg £17
1.6kg £26
or a pack of 18 premeasured sachets £24

As with the gels it's worth looking out for deals and special offers, in the past I've bought packs from SIS containing gels, electrolyte drinks, protein recovery products and sports bottles for roughly 50% of the individual item's RRP.

Versions of the powder are available with caffiene, I don't use these as I prefer my caffiene from more coffee based sources pre and post event.

• Soho_Black published 20/11/2017
    I tend to prefer the SIS range of products for my running, but I never really got on with their electrolyte drinks and tend to run with a bottle of Lucozade Sport instead.
  • euphie published 19/11/2017