SPACE INVADERS (iPhone)

SPACE INVADERS (iPhone)

Genre: Arcade - For iPhone/iPod Touch

Review of "SPACE INVADERS (iPhone)"

published 24/11/2011 | Spottydog11
Graphics
Sound
Difficulty & Complexity

"Space invaders"

When it comes to playing games on my iPhone I like simple quick little games as obviously playing on a phone is not as fun as playing on say a Wii and also I don't have that much time to sit and play a game on my phone so something simple is perfect. That's where Space Invaders comes in and I also like it because it harks back to the simple video games of old that just had one or two controls but were very addictive.

There is something very satisfying about shooting little space men and seeing them disappear as your points total shoots up on the screen. Your score is shown at the top of the screen next to the highest score so you can keep a track and see if you are close to the highest score. I have to say the graphics are quite good on this game as they include colour as well. Obviously they are not very sophisticated as all you are going to see is a black background with the little space aliens that keep coming towards you so it is not very advanced but different levels of alien are different colours and it makes the screen quite bright and adds a nice dimension to the game.

At the beginning of the game you get three guns which are shown on the bottom left hand corner. It is with this that you shoot the space invaders with. To shoot I always use the controls using the touch screen option as I believe this is the way the iPhone should be used anyway. The controls as such will be shown on the screen and you just use your finger or the touch and drag motion to achieve the move you want to do. There is a way to use controls and buttons on the side of the phone but as I have never used this I can't comment on it. Once you loose the lives your game is over. To stop your little gun/ship from being hit you can hid behind 4 little shields that are over your gun. These ate fairly big and do protect you well but you have to make sure when you are using the touch screen mode that you don't go too far and come out the other side of the shield before you want to.

In order to put this game on your iPhone you just need to go to the App store and type in Space Invaders to the search function. Here you will find a little blue space invader icon and the game which is priced at £2.99. In my opinion this is a simple fun game that will take you back to your arcade days!

• Coloneljohn published 01/12/2011
    Nice one. John
  • Graygirl published 24/11/2011
    I used to love playing this in the pub (showing my age here!).
  • Novabug published 24/11/2011
    Classic, and still raking in the money after all these years. Will MW3 be doing that after so long? I doubt it. :)