Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel

Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel

Review of "Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel"

published 06/05/2011 | emmad5689
Member since : 12/02/2011
Thank you all for my E ratings it is appreciated xx
Pro Keeps baby safe in the bath, not expensive
Cons Doesn't seem very comfy
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Swivel away to splashing fun"

One of the worst things I find about having a baby is bathing them, I hate it. With our first daughter we began to use one of these from about 5 minths once she learnt how to escape her newborn bath seat, our second daughter didn't work it out quite as fast and we have just moved her into this seat at 7 months. The seats are available in many places, Asda, Tesco, Argos and loads more, Asda are currently selling this seat for £10.

The seat comes in a sturdy cardboard box secured with cleaqr tape so unwrapping the item was no problem, inside the box was the seat and a plastic resealable bag containing a toy section to be attached and the instructions. Within the instruction booklet the first page is in English and there are a further 6 pages all in a different language.

The seat is made of bright blue plastic, there is a circular base which swivel and is attached to the bath via 4 yellow sucker feet. From the base there are 4 posts and then a circle of plastic connecting all four posts at the top, there is a toy unit which clips onto the front of the seat which a yellow semi circle of plastic holding 3 wrapped around seahorses in yellow, blue and red. The toy section is easy to clip onto the base and then will move back and forth and the seahorses move from side to side.

The seat is apparently suitable from 6 months up to 12 months, with our first daughter we used it from 5 months to around 15 months when I was happy she was totally stury on her own and at this point it did start to be a little tight getting her into the seat. The instructions state that the seat is suitable up to 13kg and from when your child can sit unaided until they can stand so I really think it is just when you are comfortable using it for your baby and as long as you watch your child in the bath which obviouslyu everyone should then there shouldn't be much in the way of problems. On the seat there is a mark to the rear which shows the max level the water should go to and there is also warnings in two languages engrained in the top of the seat "prevent drowning, always keep baby within arms reach, don not use for children under 6 months"

Using the seat we found that our first daughter did not really seem very comfortable in it until she was around 9 months and was completely able to sit on her own without tipping backwards. Our second daughter at 7 months also doesn't look overly comfortable but neither of them has ever complained when the seat is in use. The seat is a fantastic idea and gives me confidence that my baby isn't going to suddenly slip under the water, it is easy to use simply attachin the suckers to the bath and pull to ensure secured and then place your baby in the seat so that one of the posts sits inbetween their legs.

There have never been any complaint whilst using the seat, I personally think it looks uncomfortable but there have never been any protests so guess it can't be that bad to sit in, the seat allows my baby to have longer in the bath which she loves than if I had to support her and theres no hassle thrying to hold up a slippery baby.

Great idea - recommended

• Classicc published 31/08/2016
    VH
  • Keelar published 07/05/2011
    I never felt the need for one of these
  • Myredpip published 06/05/2011
    Good review x

Product Information : Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel

Make bath time more fun for little ones and easier for parents. The Swivel bath seat provides comfort to the baby and convenience to parents making bath time much easier The Swivel Bath Seat can help make bath time easier with its suction pads to hold it securely in place in the bath and its interactive toys to keep your little on still when washing them. Contoured seat and backrest 360 degree rotational seat unit Secures to the bath via suction pads Quick release tabs for easy removal Colourful play toy to keep baby amused Suitable from 6 ? 12 months

MPN: KC09752