Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel

Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel

Review of "Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel"

published 12/03/2012 | lights84
Member since : 02/05/2011
Taken on a paid writing job so not on here any more. Ciao ;)
Pro Easy to use, takes the worry out of bath-time
Cons Baby will outgrow it!
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Changing the face of bath-time with baby"

Maybe it's just me but I used to hate giving my little one a bath. She was really small (4lb 12oz) when she was born as she came early and I was so careful about handling her. Baths initially required two people and I never gave her a bath without my husband's helping hand(s) while we used a baby bath. I used to listen to other people reminiscing about bathing their little ones and I just couldn't understand it. Even when my daughter put on weight and outgrew the small bath, and she became able to sit up alone, I still hated washing her in our normal bath. This is because bath becomes so slippy with Johnson's baby wash in it (I have tried other products and had the same problem)! So when a friend of mine suggested getting a bath seat, which I had not heard of before, I had high hopes for it.

The Safety 1st bath seat is suitable for use for babies over 6 months of age, as this is roughly when babies will start to sit up. My little girl took a bit longer to do so as she was an early baby, so I started using it a little later than that. The seat cost me £10 from Amazon including free P&P, when I bought it last winter. I thought it looked a bit cheap from the picture of it but I was pleased to find that it is a sturdy and durable product. In fact for something that is frequently immersed in water it is also very well-designed and durable. The first time I put my baby girl in it she was unsure what to think but easily distracted by the little toy attached to the front of the seat. The little sea horses attach onto the front of the seat and they don't look like much but my little girl was really interested in them, and even a month later she still investigates them now and again thoroughly with her hands.

The seat is ready to use as soon as you unpack it, bar attaching the little toy, which is optional and easy to do. The suckers on the seat are very strong, though they have to be attached to the bath first as otherwise the bathwater (especially if you use Johnson's baby wash...) will prevent them from sticking properly. However they are still going strong after numerous immersions in baby wash and thorough cleans after over 6 weeks of use now, so I have no worries about my daughter kicking and sliding around in the bath (she certainly loves to kick!).

When I bought this bath seat I thought it was worth the risk of losing a tenner even if the item wasn't up to scratch, because of the potential change it could bring to baby bath-time. But in fact the Safety 1st bath seat has exceeded both my and my husband's expectations. It has completely changed bath-time with our baby from something that needs two people- I now bathe her alone- and which requires constant vigilance and anxiety! Well okay bath-time with a little one always requires vigilance, and of course even with this bath seat baby can never be left alone in the bath, but getting her in and out of it and getting her properly cleaned up is easy to do with the seat as I don't have to worry about her slipping and falling over. She is happy to sit up unassisted in the seat and she plays with her bath toys while I go about cleaning her. The only thing I really watch out for is when she leans forward to get a bath toy or to splash the water and the bath seat might tip over due to her *ahem* extreme chubbiness, but thankfully this has never actually happened.

My other concern when buying this product was that it would be too small for my daughter, as she is now in the 99th centile, but there is plenty of room for her to sit in it comfortably, and to get her in and out. She now loves having a bath as she gets to play without being held up.. I don't know about you but my little girl is a very 'spirited' child and she doesn't like being held still or in once place for more than half a minute, which is why I used to worry so much about her slipping in the bath- due to her constant wriggling. With this bath seat I have no more bath-time worries and so a happy mama makes for a happy babba. For such a decent price too, this has changed one facet of my family's life and daily routine. I can't recommend this product enough!

• Classicc published 31/08/2016
    VH

Product Information : Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel

Make bath time more fun for little ones and easier for parents. The Swivel bath seat provides comfort to the baby and convenience to parents making bath time much easier The Swivel Bath Seat can help make bath time easier with its suction pads to hold it securely in place in the bath and its interactive toys to keep your little on still when washing them. Contoured seat and backrest 360 degree rotational seat unit Secures to the bath via suction pads Quick release tabs for easy removal Colourful play toy to keep baby amused Suitable from 6 ? 12 months

MPN: KC09752