Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel

Review of "Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel"

published 31/08/2016 | snow_drops
Member since : 20/07/2016
Just had my little boy, so you won't see me around Ciao as much as usual for the next wee while :)
Pro Feels so very safe, frees up your hands, takes strain off your back, good value for money
Cons Ball toy isn't great, may need cleaned inside, limited range of colours
Safety
Ease of cleaning

"Safety First Swivel Bath Seat - safe bath time fun"

Safety First Swivel Bath Seat

Price: £11 to £13
Available: John Lewis, Kiddiecare, Amazon
Suitable: from 6 months old

We purchased this bath seat when my daughter was able to sit up unaided as it allowed me to have both hands free when bathing her. She's quite little, so fitted in it until about two and a half years old (just recently outgrew it).

Luckily, my daughter always liked sitting in this bath seat, so it must be comfier than it looks! I found that having her in the seat tool a lot of strain off my back as I didn't have to lean to far over the side of the bath to support her body.

Appearance

We have the most common version of this bath seat - light blue with a yellow and green spinning ball on the front. The green suckers on the bottom attach themselves to the bath below.

Using it

I stick the seat down, then fill the bath, and lower my daughter into the seat, making sure her legs go through the correct spaces. I can then spin her around if she wants - as she got older she learned to do this herself.

She never played much with the attached ball, but the bath seat is low enough that she can comfortably reach the water and other bath toys. When finished, I just slowly loft her up and pull her out. I then drain the bath and put the seat on its side.

Safety

This bath seat feels very safe to use. The suckers attach very firmly on the bottom and make the bath seat very hard to move. Of course, there's always some risk around water, so we should still never leave our young children unsupervised around water, even to quickly nip put of the bathroom.

Cleaning

=

I sit the bath seat on its side immediately after use, to help it drain, otherwise waste water accumulates and it becomes dirty. I cleaned it with wipes fairly often, but had to take the baths seat for a thorough clean twice as some mould had accumulated around the bottom where the suckers are. This thorough cleaning took quite a while as I wanted to get far inside the seat.

I know a bath seat isn't a necessity as you can hold your child in the bath, or get in with them, but if you have any back or hip problems (as I sometimes do), a quality bath seat really helps takes the strain off. We used thud bath seat at most bath times for two years, so I'd say it was good value and for us!

• IzzyS published 04/09/2016
    Good review.
  • siberian-queen published 03/09/2016
    fab great idea
  • euphie published 02/09/2016
    vh :o)

Product Information : Safety 1st Swivel Bath Seat Pastel

Make bath time more fun for little ones and easier for parents. The Swivel bath seat provides comfort to the baby and convenience to parents making bath time much easier The Swivel Bath Seat can help make bath time easier with its suction pads to hold it securely in place in the bath and its interactive toys to keep your little on still when washing them. Contoured seat and backrest 360 degree rotational seat unit Secures to the bath via suction pads Quick release tabs for easy removal Colourful play toy to keep baby amused Suitable from 6 ? 12 months

MPN: KC09752