Sainsbury's 'Basics' Washing Up Liquid

Sainsbury's 'Basics' Washing Up Liquid

Washing Up Liquid

Review of "Sainsbury's 'Basics' Washing Up Liquid"

published 03/03/2011 | pinky50
Member since : 16/11/2010
My beautiful mum passed away this year and I had lost my way and mojo writing reviews but am hoping that I can have it back soon. Having more down days recently than up but getting there slowly.
Pro Cleans very well.
Cons None.
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Affordable liquid."

This washing up liquid is one that I first bought a while ago when one my cats needed treatment and my vets bills were so high and because it was so cheap and I was trying to save money, I stocked my cupboards once I tried it because I found I really liked it for the cheap price. I like the Basics range from Sainsbury’s because I think they are a decent, cheap range of lower priced products and so when I first tried this one, I was not sure if I would like it but was kind of forced to buy it at the time to save money.

It comes in a plastic bottle with a flip back top, in the orange and white colours of the lower range from Sainsbury's and inside it is a green liquid, it is not quite as thick as some other lower priced liquids in my opinion but it has a very nice fragrance to it, it smells of a cheap perfume but it is very pleasant. The texture of the liquid is very smooth and soft and it pours from the bottle quite fast compared to some other brands and so it is wise to squeeze the bottle gently otherwise it shoots into the water it does however lathers very well for the cheap price, it also creates lots of bubbles in the water and the bubbles have staying power and tend not to fizzle like I first expected it would for the price. It performs just how I expect it a liquid to work. My dishes clean very well and the food is removed from my pans nicely and my drinking glasses have a nice sparkle and shine to them. It cuts through grease nicely and leaves the dishes clean and fresh.

It rinses very well too and the smell is not left on the dishes after rinsing. The size of the bottle is a very good size and the amount needed to do the job is very little as the consistency is very good and the quality is good for 35p for a 500ml bottle. It does last at least a couple of weeks for at least a couple of weeks., I use this washing up liquid with a little bleach to soak my dish clothes at the end of the day and they are nice and clean the next morning and also smell lovely and fresh.

It has not irritated my skin at all and although I do wear rubber gloves for washing my dishes, there have been times when I have had to use it without wearing gloves and it has been perfectly fine to my sensitive skin.

I love the smell of this one and the fragrance is apparent as soon as soon as I flip the top from the bottle. It cuts through the grease perfectly and removes all the food from the dishes with little effort, this one works a treat used to wash glasses as it does leave them with a nice sparkle and also they shine nicely after they have dried. It is a nice mild liquid and it does not scratch the surfaces of the glasses or the dishes. It works well cleaning my pans too and it is not abrasive.

For the price of this one I just think it is a brilliant price and very affordable for any budget and the quality of it is excellent too and amazingly good value for money.

I highly do recommend this one for anyone on a budget or just to save money as it is an extremely good affordable washing up liquid for any household, it is a give away price in my opinion and why pay more when a cheaper one can do the job just as well as this one certainly does work wonders to clean the dishes just perfectly. I will continue to buy this one in the future along side other brands as it gives me the results that I expect from a washing up liquid.

Also on Dooyoo under my username Pinklady1.

Thank you for reading my review.

• Coloneljohn published 19/03/2011
    Well reviewed. John
  • Amy69 published 05/03/2011
    Well written x
  • paulpry118 published 04/03/2011
    With having a dishwasher I hardly ever buy washing up liquid but when I do it's always Fairy