Sainsbury's Crisps, Assorted, Be Good Good To Yourself

Sainsbury's Crisps, Assorted, Be Good Good To Yourself

Review of "Sainsbury's Crisps, Assorted, Be Good Good To Yourself"

published 21/02/2010 | savvysaver
Member since : 23/04/2007
Thanks to everyone for the R&Rs much appreciated :0)
Pro Great for the Diet Taste fantastic
Cons need to add to the flavours only 3 presentley available
Taste
Smell
Product Quality
Packaging

"No Dieting Dullness with Delicious Sainsburys BGTY Crisps"

After what can only be described as a fulfilling new year I've noticed that my waistline is getting a bit on the broad side..Again ! And to be honest when your best friend greets you with the words” Hi Fatty “, you know its time to start counting the calories. Maybe if I stopped calling her Drac she might be nicer , something to consider ...where was I ...Oh Right ! Dieting..

The thing I most hate about dieting is the fact that most of the food you're 'allowed ' to eat is boring and usually quite tasteless.
Do you ever feel guilty when you're eating a snack. Are you constantly looking for ways to cut back on the fat but feel like me that you often have to sacrifice flavour?

Sick of paying over the odds for 'Diet food' I decided to have a look at the own brand alternatives and after two weeks of trying and tasting it was really hard work I can tell you , all that chewing and swallowing , I can finally declare...I've cracked it .Sainsbury's to the rescue!

What could I be talking about .I'll let you into the secret as long as you promise not to use the same store as me ( I need these crisps !) Sainsburys be good To Yourself 35% less fat crisps. The claim is that because of the way they are cooked the fat content is reduced.

Sainsburys be Good to Yourself crisps come in small multi-packs of six and are £1.05p a pack. Look out in your store though because they are often on offer of two for £1.60.When you consider that most multi-packs of crisps retail around the £2.00 mark these are a bargain for your pocket as well as your waist.

Flavours

Sainsburys Be Good To Yourself 35 % less fat crisps , (because I'm lazy will just refer to them as BGTY from now on ...besides thinking of the description is making me hungry ).

The BGTY crisps come in Three flavours Black Cracked Pepper ,sour Cream and Chives or My favourite Cheddar and spring Onion.

The Packaging

You couldn't fail to see that these crisps are for the weight watchers amongst us with 35% less fat blazoned across the front of the packaging. The packaging is white with apple green accents ,the same as the rest of the sainsburys BGTY Range. After you open the main package you come to the individual bags. These are the same colour as the rest and each pack contains 20g of crisps, the packs are foil sealed to keep the crisps fresher. This is one instance when I can see the foil actually works because they are extremely crispy.

The Crisps

Unlike most crisps, BGTY crisps look more like very thinly sliced potato .They tend to all be the same thickness so you don't get the puffiness that you do with normal crisps, ( Even golden wonder lights suffer from this puffiness and it does mean that the potato burns where it is thinner,spoiling the whole taste experience. ) The crisps are very crunchy and don't melt in your mouth if you leave them on your tongue, so you do have to crunch them to eat them , which is very satisfying, especially when I'm trying to annoy my husband, BGTY crisps facilitate that every time . The flavour as I have already stated which i enjoy the most is the Cheddar and spring onion, you can smell the aroma of both of these ingredients the second you open the bag, its not an overpowering smell ,but its guaranteed to get your saliva glands working.

Ingredients

Dried potato,potato Starch: High oleic sunflower oil,Cheddar & onion Flavour: Potassium Chloride,salt.
Calories etc per 20g bag
Salt 0.37g
of which sodium 0.15g
Allergy advice .Contains milk : suitable for vegetarians

My Summary

After buying these I wouldn't go back to traditional crisps, even if I wasn't trying to lose weight.They have a moreish taste that once you've tried no other crisp will live up to, Not only are they good for your diet they add a few pounds to your pocket, because they are better priced than other multi-pack crisps on the market.I Give these crisps four stars it would have been five but I think they need to flavours to their combinations as at present they only have three.All in all a Delicious diet .

• ALM1 published 22/02/2010
    Well reviewed. Surprised something designed for a "diet" range could taste so good. Worth a try!
  • JL132 published 22/02/2010