Sainsbury's Thin & Crispy Hot & Spicy Pepperoni Pizza

Sainsbury's Thin & Crispy Hot & Spicy Pepperoni Pizza

Review of "Sainsbury's Thin & Crispy Hot & Spicy Pepperoni Pizza"

published 26/11/2001 | gray
Member since : 30/11/-0001
Pro Is hot and spicy, good value, not too fattening!
Cons none - just perfection

"Can you take the heat"

As a lover of all hot and spicy convenience foods I thought I was going to feel let down by this product. Most items billed as hot and spicy are usually pretty meek. What a revelation!

The combination of juicy pork salsiccia sausage, spicy pepperoni and jalapeno peppers certainly raise one's body temperature. The generous portions of the above spicey bits are well balanced with loads of mozzarella and cheddar cheeses.

However the pizza is not just about two opposing flavours as there are further ingredients such as parsley, basil, garlic, onion and further chillies. These combine to provide pizza heaven.

In addition, £2.49 for a 9 incher is good value. My local Sainsbury's also regularly includes this pizza in "buy one get one free" (or at least 2nd one half price) promotions. At only 390 calories and 18 grammes of fat per half, this pizza not only tastes as good as anything from a fresh pizza house, but also eases the conscience!

Now the important bit for all convenience food junkies: it only takes 10 minutes or so to heat up (25 if from frozen).

• Kelmisty published 11/05/2003
    I have tried this pizza many a time and it's never really been hot and spicy, I suppose its because I like my food extra hot and spicy! As I always add chilli sauce or fresh chillies directly to my food. Good op thou
  • seryosh published 24/08/2002
    An informative op!
  • manunas22 published 16/08/2002
    I love hot and spicy and pizza.