Review of "Sainsburys Dustpan and Brush"

published 17/04/2012 | Sarahjh1
Member since : 02/11/2008
Pro This is a stylish dustpan and brush set
Cons Nothing major

"A delightful dustpan and brush set from Sainsbury"

Although I find Sainsbury's a little bit expensive I do like their home and garden range, I also love the TU clothing. A couple of weeks ago the supermarket giant had bath towels on offer, each bath sheet was marked up at £5. the towelling is soft and luxurious and it washes really well, so I had a good deal. I feel that the store is popular because it keeps in touch with what the public wants. When I look along the aisle containing the household goods I see that their wares are available in the latest styles and colours which is good. Like many people I like to buy matching accessories for my rooms and this dustpan and brush set is so cute. Polka dots and spots are in vogue and they are very `vintage'. Spotty wares look pretty and fresh and make a welcome change.

This Sainsbury's dustpan and brush set is not too different from any other on the market but it took my eye when I was shopping. Lime green is fashionable at the moment and a lime green and white polka dot pan and brush set is going to appeal to a lot of shoppers. The set costs £4 and I don't feel that is expensive. If we are feeling rich then this set is part of a range from Sainsbury's. The range includes a spotty scrubbing brush, a broom, a spotty mop and a matching dish brush. Don't forget, every purchase you make adds valuable Nectar points to your store loyalty card.

The lime green pan is made from rigid plastic, it has a deep dip in the handle where the brush clips in and a rubber edge to aid dust sweeping. The brush is lovely, the handle is white plastic with lime green polka dots. Sainsbury say that the handle has been ergonomically designed to make the brush comfortable to use. The brush bristles are reasonably firm although they do splay under your fingers. I don't know about you but I don't think it is essential for the handle of a dustpan to be extremely comfortable to use, I only use mine for sweeping up crumbs!

Sainsbury's dustpan and brush set is good, it does the job asked of it and it is a fashionable kitchen accessory. Before buying this set I `made do` with a set that had come from Poundland. The cheaper set was not as efficient and this offering from Sainsbury's, the brush bristles were softer so it was harder to pick up crumbs and dust. Hand brushes are useful tools, they can be used in the home and garden and my set will be asked to sweep up many different things during its lifetime. A dustpan and brush set needs to be fully washable, that is an important factor. When the brush bristles and the pan begin to look dirty they can be washed out in warm soapy water and left out to dry. Priced at £4 I feel that this set is impressive. Well done Mr Sainsbury for giving us a stylish dustpan and brush set. I have reviewed a dustpan and brush set on sale in Sainsbury's, the set reviewed is different to the one shown in the picture.