Review of "Sainsburys Nappies"

published 26/05/2008 | Catess76
Member since : 13/08/2005
Pro Very very cheap
Cons Just look a bit plasticy but they didn't feel plasticy
How leak proof are they?
Absorption
Fit around legs
Do they stay up?

"Sainsbury's basics 20 Junior Nappies - Size 5"

I was a bit low on funds and thought I'd give these nappies a go. You can't help but feel embaressed at the checkout to have to choose such a basic/cheap product especially for your baby, but I most certainley won't be feeling embaressed for choosing this product again. In fact it will be a pleasure. The nappies cost me just 1.48 and this was for 20 nappies, which is a really good deal. I chose Size 5 for my 18 month old boy, which fits 11-25kg/24-55lb toddlers. I couldn't see any other sizes available on the shelf or I would have chose size 4 or 4+, but these were absolutley fine anyway I soon found out.

On the back of the pack of nappies there are useful directions for how to use the nappies (just in case a person doesn't know) and useful safety precautions that should be taken when handling plastic packaging and disposable nappies. I.E Do not flush nappies down the toilet + To avoid suffocation please keep polythene bags AWAY from babies, young children and pets.

They looked a bit plasticy when I first saw them but when you felt them, they felt nice and silky soft, so you knew they would be comfortable for baby to wear. The sticky tabs were INCREDIBLY sticky and long to say the least, so I would reccommend that you take care not to secure the nappy too tightly or you could end up causing rubbing on babys hips (not nice at all!).

They fit my boy very very well and were very good and very absorbant. A child sometimes go's to the loo more at times than others so its best to check these about every 2 hours just in case your child has bin a lot.

Overall I think these nappies are great, and are definatley worth trying. If you are short on cash, give them a go and don't be embaressed because once you try them you will be pleasantly suprised. I was VERY sceptical and now I would say I will definatley buy them again.

• carcraig published 26/05/2008
    Gosh these are good value. I used to use the Aldi own nappies which were great but they were dearer than these.....Caroline xx
  • headcase44 published 26/05/2008
    Very good review....reading this brought some memories flooding back. When I had my first son I had very little money and to do the shopping was a nightmare. I would buy his baby food and things that he needed and with the money left I would buy what ever I could get in the way of food for myself to survive on. This was usually potatoes. We all struggle at times and with luck we can look back and laugh at the situation. Hope all goes well and thanks for the memories...Take care. J.
  • just.bcoz published 26/05/2008
    I used to buy the cheap tesco nappies and they were identical to Huggies nappies