Sainsburys Rinse Aid Lemon Fresh

Sainsburys Rinse Aid Lemon Fresh

Dishwasher Product

Review of "Sainsburys Rinse Aid Lemon Fresh"

published 25/04/2012 | loopylou1234
Member since : 02/12/2011
Thanks for stopping by. I've 2 daughters and a beagle who keep me busy :) You may also see my reviews on other sites with the same user name
Pro Good price, easy to use, lovely fresh scent
Cons None
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Sainsbury's Lemon Rinse Aid..... smells lovely & works well too!"

I'm always looking for ways to save a few pennies for treats and for family days out and buying supermarket branded goods is one of the ways I do this. For our dishwasher I buy dishwasher tablets, dishwasher salt and rinse aid. And occasionally (when I remember) I run a dishwasher cleaner through a cycle.

I read that Rinse Aid is supposed to keep the water from forming droplets that when they dry cause streaks and water marks on dishes. I'm not sure exactly what difference it makes but all of I know the dishwasher salt and the rinse aid do make ALOT of difference compared to just using the tablets. (I admit I did try it to see if I could get away with not buying it!)

-- Packaging --

This Rinse Aid is very simply packaged. The bottle is 500ml clear plastic bottle, with a blue plastic flip top lid. On the front of the bottle there is a picture of a clean glass with the Sainsbury's logo in red lettering which makes makes it stand out.

-- The Product and How to Use --

This Rinse Aid is yellow in colour and smells very lemony and fresh when I pour it into the dishwasher. I only put it in when the dishwasher light comes on to indicate that it is empty. I open the flip top lid, and the blue nozzle has a pointed end with only a small hole which the rinse aid comes out of. This makes it a lot easier to use, and ensures you don't spill it or squirt it all over the rest of the dishwasher.

-- Price and Availability --

Obviously as this is a Sainsbury's own branded product it is only available from Sainsbury's supermarkets on on their online delivery service. At the moment it costs £1.50 for a 500ml bottle compared with Finish branded rinse aid which is £3.50 for a 400ml bottle.

-- Overall Summary --

In my opinion this is a great product at a very reasonable price especially when you compare it to the branded equivalents. This does a good job at ensuring my dishes are kept sparkly and clean and so I would recommend this.

Thanks for reading.