Sainsburys Rinse Aid Lemon Fresh

Sainsburys Rinse Aid Lemon Fresh

Dishwasher Product

Review of "Sainsburys Rinse Aid Lemon Fresh"

published 06/10/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro smells fresh
Cons none
Do you need to use much for each clean?
Irritable to skin?
Longlasting effects?

"Dishwasher duty"

This is a review of Sainsbury's Dishwasher rinse aid in the lemon 'flavour'. We have a really good SMEG dishwasher that was won in a competition by my friend and she sold it to me for mate's rates so bearing in mind that it is mega expensive, I do try to look after it and use the right products in there.

Reminder light
Although it is a great dishwasher, I can always tell when the rinse aid is running low as the pots don't all get fully cleaned but there is also a warning light to tell you when the rinse aid is empty. Our dishwasher will let you pour salt in to its tank all day (it must be a massive tank!) but the rinse aid is not so bad and there is a socket in the door of the dishwasher that you squirt the rinse aid in to.

Product description
The Sainsbury's bottle is a handy triangular shape, easy to squeeze with a flip top lid that is secure when not in use. The bottle is plastic and recyclable and clear to see the yellow liquid inside. It promises a streak free shine on the label too.

My thoughts
I'm not sure at all why I chose lemon but I am happy with the supermarket's own brand in a rinse aid as it's something I don't want to pay any more than I have to. This bottle has lasted for a good six months and is only on its dregs now so I think that's a fair price to last all this time. Although it is lemon you really can't tell on the pots so it doesn't taint the glasses or anything and it does make the glass ware really shiny. I had some multi purpose tablets at one point that did everything including rinse aid but I still used this product alongside as I don't like the machine light telling me the tank is empty.

Price
I paid £1.50 for this product and you get 500ml in the bottle.

Final word
I can happily recommend this rinse aid as it helps to keep the dishwasher cleaning properly and gives the pots that extra bit of cleaning at the end of the cycle. I stick a variety of items in the dishwasher including pans when there is room just so it gets washed every couple of days as things tend to rot in there if I wait any longer, and it has worked well on the different materials from plastic to glass and metal. I will definitely buy this again if I am shopping in Sainsbury's.

• Candyperfumegirl published 25/10/2017