Sainsburys

Sainsburys

Review of "Sainsburys"

published 31/03/2012 | Sarahlobo
Member since : 31/03/2012
Pro Cheap, practical and friendly service
Cons Sometimes doesn't have everything you need, could have more tills
customer service
range of goods in stock

"Sainsbury's is better than Asda but not as good as Waitrose"

Since becoming a student, I realised I wouldn't be able to afford to go my weekly shopping as Waitrose anymore (where my mum shops at home) and the nearest supermarket was Sainsbury's. I hadn't really shopped there ever before but had only really looked around Waitrose and Tesco. But Sainsbury's has fulfilled my shopping needs! I visit the Surbiton (near Kingston Upon Thames) branch which is just by the station. The staff there are helpful and friendly. I also find it easy to navigate my way around and find everything I need, even being a clumsy and useless person. One of the best things about Sainsbury's is their 'Basics' range. This is a range which means the prices are less, but obviously the quality isn't as good. However, I feel that with things like Pitta Bread, i'd rather spend 20p with the basics range than much more with the normal ranges. There is even a fresh meat counter, if you're thinking of picking up a few salamis! A downside would be that sometimes when I visit, it can get busy on the self-service check out area, which I normall use, and there aren't enough tills to go to either. However, don't let this put you off as this is a rare occaision. Overall, good place to do your weekly food shop.

• dynamicnurse published 31/03/2012
    That's the first time I have ever seen Sainsbury's and student in the same sentence! Can you tell me more about some of the services they provide; what they sell; why you only went to your closest supermarket, and so on?

Product Information : Sainsburys