Saitek PZ10AV

Saitek PZ10AV

Review of "Saitek PZ10AV"

published 02/11/2011 | harveydog52
Member since : 10/05/2006
I am Rufusdog on Dooyoo. Thank you for reading my reviews x
Pro Looks nice, easy to use, plug and play, cheap
Cons None
Responsiveness
Reliability
Ease of Use

"Good replacement keyboard"

My youngest daughter has a netbook which she has had for just over a year, I don't know what she has been doing with it but just before Christmas she told us that the keyboard on it wasn't working properly and she had downloaded some kind of virtual keyboard and was using the mouse to chat to her friends. As you can imagine, this is not the best of scenarios and I was pretty upset that may be the netbook wouldn't be any good to use at all before long. What with it being just weeks until Christmas too money was tight and there was no way I could afford to buy a new net book.

Then I was reading something online that told me you could buy keyboards that just plugged into a usb socket and use it instead.

I had never heard of this before, technology was running away from me, but I decided to have a look on Amazon as I still had some gift balance in my account . I was thinking these new fangled keyboards would probably cost the earth to buy but I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw one of these Saitek Compact USB Keyboards for just £2.25! I thought may be they had made a mistake but no, it seemed this was the going price. Then I was wondering whether there might be a problem with them or something seeing they were selling at such a low price so had a look on other sites and it seemed legit and I couldn't find any bad reviews about it so decided to give it a try.

The postage on it was an extra £5 which I didn't mind paying. The keyboard I ordered for my daughter was a bright pink one as she is very into this colour.

We didn't have to wait long really, it came just after the Christmas holidays were over. The keyboard is very striking to look at. It is a very bright luminous pink colour with all the keys being black. She certainly won't be able to lose it in her room even the mess she sometimes gets it into.

The keyboard is about the same size as a normal keyboard and had the normal keys that you get on a basic keyboard - the letters etc, the "f" buttons at the top, the numeric pad at the side and the direction buttons along with the set that come above those between the other two lots. There is also a sleep button at the top but not being up on these things I am not sure what this is for.

She plugged the keyboard into her netbook and it worked right away, windows added the hardware the same as it would a camera or something else that's plug and play. We didn't have to install any software with it which is good because I was a bit worried about this as the netbook doesn't have a cd drive in it.

The keys feel quite nice to type with, they are smooth and have a nice feel to them. My daughter tells me that it works fine and she is really pleased to be able to use the net book again. It might be a bit big up to the net book screen but its better than not being able to use it.

If you have teenagers who have this problem with their computers or more especially their net books and you need a replacement keyboard I would highly recommend one of these. They do them in black as well as pink so would suit a boy or girl.

I am giving it 4 stars seeing that it only costs a couple of pounds to buy and does the job its intended for.

Copied to Dooyoo under username Rufusdog

• gingelou published 03/11/2011
    great review :)
  • JAVER1967 published 02/11/2011
    An excellent and interesting review
  • sorehead published 02/11/2011