Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle

Review of "Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle"

published 01/04/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro easy to use
Cons none
Conditioning
Strengthening

"Strong and long (and a bit of a bargain!)"

Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle

I was in the right time and place recently in Superdrug, on the hunt for a specific nail product (that they did not have in stock or in store) so I had a browse to see what else was on offer and this serum from Sally Hansen was marked down to 99p . I have had other SH products before and liked them so I bought the two remaining boxes on the shelf - one for me and one for a workmate who also loves her nails.

First impressions
This serum comes boxed and the bottle is shiny gold and down the side of the box is a glass pipette which also screws shut on to the bottle so you can use that once the first bit of product is used (it was right up to the collar on first use).

In use
Now it may be stating the obvious to say this but all nail growth occurs at the nail bed so the cuticle care you give to your nails is essential to growing long and strong nails. I use a hand scrub first to exfoliate (mine is by Rituals and is lovely and has some fantastic oils in it) but the other treatment is this serum. It comes out a bit like a gel and is a light pink in colour. You can use the pipette to create a small blob on the nail and it holds fast until you massage it in. You don't have to do this on clean bare nails, it works just as well with polish or base coat on as the bit you are treating really is the skin around the nails and the nail bed.

Frequency
It's up to the user how much this is used, whether it's weekly, daily or more, I don't think over use is an issue, it just means you'll get through your bottle more if you use it often.

My thoughts
This is a very nice product to use and it's easy too. It sinks in within a couple of minutes, has no discernible smell and does not leave my hands sticky. I am definitely regretting giving the other bottle away! The only niggle I have - and it's not a deal breaker - is that the rubber end of the pipette does not always fill up the pipette when you squeeze it, I am not sure why as there is a seal there but a couple of goes usually does the trick. I do think this works great and gets essential moisture in to the nail and the skin on your finger tips. It doesn't replace nail oil for me but the serum definitely makes a nice change to use.

What they say
Advanced Peptide technology formula enhances natural nail growth Improves overall appearance of nails & cuticles

Sally Knows miracles do happen...with a little help from science. This breakthrough nail treatment is designed to support fast natural nail growth as it perfects cuticles.

Concentrated Peptide Serum formula enriched with Biotin enhances natural nail growth without brittleness. Nails become resistant to damage as they grow and cuticles are miraculously softer and smoother.

Photo
I have taken a picture of me holding the bottle with a dose sitting on the cuticle of my nail so you can see the gel like consistency .This is better than an oil which can drip and run off the nail and it also may be a bit greasy.

Price and availability
I was lucky with the price of the two bottles I bought from Superdrug. I would buy it again full price now that I know it works well. It is £7.95 for a bottle at full price in Superdrug. I guess the packaging is changing which I why I got mine so cheap!

Final word
I do think this can help to grow longer nails. I think keeping moisture in the nail helps to prevent them going dry and brittle which is why longer nails are prone to breaking. I really like the consistency of this serum and have been using it non stop rubbing it around the cuticle and the skin behind my nail as it is often neglected. When people are impressed by my long nail beds and good condition (non dry) of cuticles all I can say is that it is no coincidence because I take good care of 'em!

• euphie published 06/04/2017
    vh :o)
  • rolandrat123 published 05/04/2017
    ex
  • 2mennycds published 03/04/2017
    vh review

offers "Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle"