Review of "Salter 135 Kitchen Weighing Scales"

published 26/01/2015 | HappyMummy1
Member since : 31/12/2014
Pro nice bowl, clear dial, store nicely
Cons none
Ease of Use

"Salter scales"

What with Christmas and my little girls 5th birthday I have been doing a lot of cookie, biscuit and cake making and my scales have definitely had a workout and have been worth their weight (get it!) in gold. They are not the most sophisticated scales as I do not make amazing complicated recipes, but when I do bake I like the fact that I have a pair of scales that are simple and easy to use.

The scales have a really nice see through bowl that sits at the top of them and its in this that you put and weight all your ingredients. I like the fact that it is see through as you can see from all angles how full the bowl is and if you have room to add anything more. The bowl is quite big, capable of holding 11 pounds of weigh which I like as you can put quite a few ingredients in at once.

The bowl sits on the top of the scales well and does not move about which I really like. I have had cheaper scales before that just had a plastic tray that sat on the top of the scales and it was prone to tipping up quite a bit if you knocked it or registering a different weight if you knocked it so I much prefer these scales as they are so sturdy. The bowl is dishwasher proof which is great as when you are finished measuring everything you can just rinse it off and clean it in the dishwasher.

The dial is really easy to read. The numbers are really quite big as are the little indicator markings. The marking go round to 10kg and are written in numbers in 500g intervals which are, I generally find, good amounts for the recipes that I have. I've found that the scales go back to zero well when they have nothing on them and stay quite accurate as well. There is a little dial at the back which you can tweak in order for the scales to reset to zero if you need them too.

In order to store then the scales sit nicely inside the bowl so you can pack them away without using up too much room. A good addition to my kitchen.

• euphie published 07/02/2015