Salter 9028 Razor Ultra SLIM 035248

Salter 9028 Razor Ultra SLIM 035248

Review of "Salter 9028 Razor Ultra SLIM 035248"

published 29/02/2012 | anwar
Member since : 30/04/2003
All reads gratefully received! If I miss you give me a shout! Thanks for the premium fund ciao!
Pro lots!
Cons can be slippery with wet feet
Precision

"Keeping it simple..."

Having achieved my target weight after many months of attending slimming world meetings, it is really important that I don’t regain the weight lost! To keep a check on my weight I always weigh myself every week at the same time.

A few months ago I stepped on my ancient non digital scales to find I now weighed just a few pounds! The needle had finally decided to give up and it was definitely time for a new pair of scales! I knew I wanted something a lot more contemporary with a digital display, as these tend to be more accurate than scales with a spring operated needle. After some research on the internet I decided that Salter had the best reputation for manufacturing bathroom scales and offered several stylish looking models that seemed to fit what I was looking for. As I wanted a basic model that would simply record my weight accurately I opted for the razor ultra slim line scales.

What you get for your money.
********************************
I bought my scales from my local Debenhams and paid £25. I have since noticed that Amazon is selling the same scales for £22.49 with free delivery. The scales are made of tough 8 mm silver /grey coloured tempered glass. They are really slim and measure 33 cm in width, 33 cm in depth and just 5 cm in thickness. They are also very lightweight making them easy to lift.

The scales have a large, digital display panel. The lithium battery is included and should last for many years. Before using the scales for the first time you will need to remove the plastic tag to operate the battery. The battery (CR 2032) can be replaced and is stocked by most supermarkets and costs just a few pounds.

These scales can be used on any floor surface and 4 carpet feet are supplied should you wish to use the scales on this surface. The carpet feet are fitted by first removing the small discs underneath the scales and then gently pushing each round carpet disc into place. This ensures an accurate reading on a carpeted surface. The scales will turn themselves off after a few seconds to save battery power.

There is a simply instruction booklet included.

A 15 year manufacturer’s guarantee is included.

Operating the scales.
************************
Compared with my previous scales these are really accurate and will record your weight in increments of 0.2 lbs/100 grams. My old scales would struggle to measure 1 lb! The scales are really easy to set up and use straight from the box. Before the first use you will need to gently tap the footplate to initiate the scales.

These scales can read your weight in stones and pounds or kg and grams. To select the option you prefer simply move the button located at the back of the scales. I opted for old fashioned stones and pounds.

To check your weight all you need to do is stand on the scales, no need to wait for the numbers to turn to zero! Your weight is instantly recorded and will remain in the display for several seconds.

My opinion.
**************
I love the sylish, slimline look of these scales. They fit into my bathroom décor well and take up very little space. They are really light too and could easily be stored in an upright position. The silver/grey colour of the glass should fit in with any décor.
My previous scales were really awkward to clean .as dust would accumulate around the recessed number display. This model is completely flat with no nooks and crannies to collect dust, making them easy to keep clean with a quick dust.

The digital display panel has large numbers that are easy to read, even when I am bleary eyed in the morning! I really like the fact these scales can read my weight in small increments of 0.2 lbs, so even a small weight loss or gain is recorded.

I occasionally attend my local slimming world group to check on any new products, catch up with friends and also have my weight checked. I am pleased to report that my new scales weigh almost exactly the same as the scales used by my slimming world group.

I use my scales on a stone bathroom floor so have not had to fit the provided carpet feet, so am unable to comment on how effective these are.

Any negatives?
****************

I really have to struggle to find anything bad to say about these scales as you will have probably guessed! However if I had to find any fault it would be that the foot bed is made of glass and can be slippery if you have wet feet!

Overall.
***********
I am really pleased with my new scales and would have no hesitation in recommending them to others. I didn’t want scales that did any more than simply giving me an accurate weight and these scales certainly deliver on that front. There are of course scales that will also record you BMI, but these are not for me!

These scales are available from several retailers including Amazon ( £22.49 ) ,Debenhams ( £ 25) ,and Sainsburys ( £27).

• jo-1976 published 01/02/2015