Salter Electronic Platform Scale

Salter Electronic Platform Scale

This Salter Electronic Platform scale offers a large LCD readout, and has an ultra slim profile for easy storage. Batteries included.

Review of "Salter Electronic Platform Scale"

published 14/04/2012 | jo_field26
Member since : 16/02/2008
Hi i also write on dooyoo under 1983home
Pro great accurate weight
Cons terrible awkward battery

"get the correct weight"

I had broken the old kitchen scales as I dropped them and unfortunately when they fell I broke the dial so after them working well for many years I had to invest in a new set.

Then I decided to do some cooking one morning and I completely forgot that they were broken, so when I picked up the cooking ingredients from Sainsbury’s I also had to purchase a new set of scales. Unfortunately they did not have a wide selection they had one set, so I didn’t really have a choice.

The Salter black electronic scales were £12.99, it was a little more than I wanted to pay, but as they were electronic I assumed that this justified the price increase.

The Salter scale is 22cm x 22cm x 3.8cm and they weight just under 500g. It is like a small black box and it has a 2cm LCD display that displays the weight. The scale weighs in imperial and metric, you can convert between the two, to which ever you prefer grams or pounds and ounces.

There is also a great function on the scale for you to use and this is you can place a jug onto the bowl and then when you turn the scale on it is automatically set to zero. If you want to measure multiple ingredients then you can turn the scale off after adding each item and then when you turn it in the scale sets back to zero, so you do not have to add up as you go along.

The scale will automatically turn off after a period of time to make sure that the battery life is preserved for as long as possible. The scale is also easy to use as there are only two buttons. There is the on/off button, all you need to do is touch the button to turn it on and hold it for a few seconds to turn it off. The other button is the button that converts the weight on the display from metric to imperial.

When I took the scale out of the box I was pleasantly surprised at how compact they were. They are only 4 cm thick so you are able to slide them into the cupboard without even realising that they are there.

These scales are incredibly accurate and are exact to the last gram. I have recently sold a number of items on Ebay and when I post the items I weigh them to make sure I know how much to charge and these are incredibly accurate.

The only one problem I find is that the battery life is not amazing and you get little to no warning before they need replacing, which is highly unhelpful when you are trying to cook. The battery that they take are also not your standard battery they are a flat battery so it is not something that you will have lying spare in your kitchen drawer.

Overall a great kitchen scale, just a shame about the awkward battery, which is why I cannot give the scale full marks.