Samsung DVD-D530

Samsung DVD-D530

With DivX Playback - DVD-RW Player - DVD-R Player - DVD+R Player - with DVD+RW Playback

Review of "Samsung DVD-D530"

published 08/11/2011 | mozzie76
Member since : 21/08/2008
I will only rate one review, per person, per day. It's only fair and allows me to share the love!
Pro Great picture quality
Cons none
Picture Playback
Sound Level
Ease of Use
Ease of Installation
Remote Control

"Keep up to date with technology"

When my DVD player stopped working recently it was very annoying as I watch a lot of DVDs. I quickly started looking for a new one and eventually selected the Samsung DVD-D530 DVD player. I purchased the Samsung DVD-D530 DVD player from Dixons for £37.99 which I think is a very reasonable price for a DVD player.

One of the first things that drew me to this DVD player is that it was modern looking and would fit perfectly in my TV cabinet in my living room. It is black and slim looking with LED displays and only weighs 1.8kg.

There is a HDMI connection which something which I think is essential nowadays in the HD technology world. It also supports Dolby Digital surround sound which means that I can use my home cinema speakers with it. This DVD player features a features a USB port and also allows you to play MP3 music files, JPEG digital photos, or DixX videos, although I still have to get my head around those aspects of this machine.

If you want a crystal clear picture for your films, then the Samsung Defect Disc Recovery Solution in this DVD player will help achieve this. I must say that I was impressed with this feature and it means that you have one less thing to worry about and don’t have to manually do it yourself.

I must say that one thing that I did not like about this DVD player is that the remote control looks horrible. It is big and clunky with buttons that are too big and obtrusive. It almost seems that Samsung concentrated all their efforts on the DVD player and just threw the remote control together in a few minutes.

Overall, I would say that the Samsung DVD-D530 DVD player is a great DVD player. This machine allows me to keep up to date with technology with all the necessary ports and sockets needed for today’s multiple devices. I am very pleased with this DVD player and look forward to watching many great films on it thanks to the brilliant picture quality and ease of use.

• catsholiday published 09/11/2011
    Handy to know
  • daisyleex published 08/11/2011
    Brill review hun xx
  • DonPaolo published 08/11/2011
    Nice and pithy review - does the job :)

offers "Samsung DVD-D530"