I recently upgraded my phone to a Samsung Galaxy SIII (S3), this phone is a lot bigger than my last one, how-ever I wanted something that was going to be reliable. My old phone was heavy although it was small and the graphics were always pixelated on it. The battery had to be charged every single day and I had it repaired 3-4 times over the 2 years of having it, this was a fault and not something I had done with the phone itself. I have had many Samsung phones in the past and have always been very pleased with the quality of them and the life of the battery. I often check my e-mails on my phone and use other sites such as Facebook and Ebay so I wanted to be able to install an app on my phone where I could quickly access these.
~ The Phone in General ~
I have read many reviews about this phone and some people have said that it's better than an iPhone and Blackberry. I personally hate the style of the Blackberry phones anyway so wouldn't have even considered one of these phones. The phone is available to buy in 2 colours including Pebble Blue & Marble White the blue is more of a dark blue and looks blacker from a distance. I decide to go for the white one as when looking at this phone in my local Vodafone store the screen seemed to stand out more on this than on the blue one. The phone's come with either 16GB or 32GB. I opted for the 16GB as this was good enough for me and I didn't have a huge amount of contacts or other information on my phone anyway. The phone has lots of different features which will appeal to many people; some of these include the following:
- The phone has a Smart stay feature which recognises when you are looking at the phone so the screen will stay lit. It's not until you put the phone down that the screen will begin to darken. This is great if using the phone to read e-books.
- Pop Up Play - You can watch an HD video whilst sending a text message or e-mail.
- When using the camera the phone automatically takes a bust of 8 shots ensuring you never miss a smile or catch someone when they are blinking. This guarantees the best shot every time.
- S-Voice - You can call people or tell your alarm to snooze. You can even reject calls, turn the volume to music up or down or even tell the camera when to shoot. This is all done by voice.
- Smart Alert - If you've been away from your phone and missed any messages or other alerts as soon as you pick up your phone it will vibrate to tell you that you have missed an alert.
- 4.8 HD Super AMOLED - The screen is a 4.8 inches high definition display with true colours and faster response times with HD video playback for a sharper picture. It's also energy efficient and very thin too.
I have listed a few of the Specifications that I think are most important. I didn't want to fill the review up with all this information:
- Dimensions (mm): 136.6 x 70.6 x 8.6
- Operating System: Android Icecream sandwich 4.0
- Screen Size (inches): 4.8
- SimType: MicroSim
- Weight (g): 133
- Processor: Quad-core 1.4 GHz Cortex-A9
- Network Region: Quad-band
- SatNav; Google Maps Navigation
- Image Resolution: 8 Megapixels
- Camera Zoon: x 4
- Camera Self Time & Auto Focus
- Music Player & FM Radio
- Picture/Video Messaging
- Built in speaker
- Conference calling
- Web Browser: Google Proprietary
- Supports Adobe Flash
- Also has Alarm Clock, Calculator, Calendar, and Stopwatch/Timer
~ Included in the Box ~
Samsung Galaxy S3 Phone - This should be the colour that you choose.