Review of "Samsung Galaxy S8"

published 07/06/2017 | MegArm
Member since : 07/06/2017
Pro Looks fantastic, phenomenal camera, great battery life, incredible earphones, micro SD slot
Cons Face recognition, location of fingerprint scanner, cost
Look & Feel
Durability & Robustness
Battery standby time
Battery talktime

"Aesthetic Gem!"

Two months I ago I decided it was time for a phone update. I wandered in to my local 02 shop intent on not breaking the bank. However, the Samsung Galaxy S8 was too aesthetically pleasing to ignore. As soon as I picked it up I knew I had just gained a new companion. Two months on and I'm not regretting my decision.

It looks wonderful, has many great security features (face recognition, pin and fingerprint). Although, rather tellingly, it does not recognise my face first thing in the morning - that's probably more my issue than it is Samsung's. One bugbear is the location of the fingerprint scanner. It is much better located on other Samsung models. It's quite tricky to swipe your finger on the back of the phone.

The earphones supplied with the new S8 are much better than costly ones on the market. Unlike older models, the S8 speaker is on the bottom of the phone meaning you don't have to leave your phone face-down when playing music.

An added bonus is that there is a slot for an SD card allowing you to easily expand the storage capabilities (thus allowing room for even more millennial selfies....hrmmm!)

In my opinion, this is the best smartphone ever made.

• 1st2thebar published 09/06/2017
    Read about the site to get an idea what's required.
  • NBCMad92 published 09/06/2017
    Welcome. More detail is required here. There is a lot you can write about phones. Read and rate other reviews to see what is required for higher marks.
  • fatboyslim published 07/06/2017
    Welcome to Ciao. Only just gets a somewhat helpful rating. You need to expand and go into a lot more detail on something this technical, the more detail and information the better. Have a read of the very helpful reviews to see what is expected.

offers "Samsung Galaxy S8"