Samsung Mobile phone battery (EB-B700BEBECWW)

Samsung Mobile phone battery (EB-B700BEBECWW)

3200 mAh

Review of "Samsung Mobile phone battery (EB-B700BEBECWW)"

published 12/09/2013 | jjcross
Member since : 15/05/2010
PF rules.... Is somebody cutting costs? And food and drink has gone down the loo too ;-) Nice one Ciao
Pro Great power, very clever Samsung design, removable, great for a heavy user
Cons None
Sound & Volume
Durability & Robustness

"A massive battery for a MAMMOTH phone"

How big is your phone? That is the question now days. I will remember my very first phone... A Nokia.... I liked it, it was built well and I could play snake when the mood took me.... Now however we are faced with a wide variety of Smartphone sizes... The iPhone a tiny 4 inch screen... The Samsung Galaxy S3? 4.8 inches... The Samsung Galaxy S4 5 inches... The Samsung Note 3? 5.7....

By now you may be wondering how an earth and why an earth would ANYONE want a Smartphone any larger... The answer is simple for me... I have the 6.3 inch Samsung Galaxy Mega because of my poor eyesight (though I am able to drive thankfully...) So... With battery life being so important now days I am going to now explain the "joy" of a Samsung phone and its HUGE battery potential!

The battery itself: The battery itself slots inside the phone. It was very straightforward to insert the battery. All I did was unclip the white Samsung piece of plastic from the phone, slide it in and hey presto the battery was inserted....

The sheer size of the thing: The Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 is obviously going to be quite heavy, simply because it is so huge... However, it is actually a very slim device, at 8 mm. Due to this fact the 199 gram weight is deceiving, especially when you actually pick the device up... This is due to the surface area of the phone, which is also large, so in all honesty, the Mega doesn't feel heavy at all, with a slim but large 3200 mAh battery, (standing for milli amp hours- meaning, that 1000 of these would be able to keep a 1 amp bulb lit for one hour.)

Samsung battery's: One thing that has always annoyed me about an Apple iPhone, or even a hTc One, is that the battery is none removable. This means that

A. If the phone drains to 0 percent you have no choice but to recharge and stay connected to the mains for at least an hour for a 100% charge. (Of which it also takes an hour to recharge not he Mega.)

B. If the battery life dies due to age, you will have to fork out a heap of money to get it replaced by the company. (E.G. Apple.)

This is luckily not the case with my Samsung Galaxy Mega! If the battery discharges to zero, I can simply put a spare one in! This for me is a great advantage, as I actually use the Galaxy as an Internet hotspot for my laptop...

The battery life itself: I have to be honest with such a BIG and bright screen from the Mega, I kind of expected only a few hours of life from my Galaxy Mega... Not so... In fact I have never had a better battery on board a phone! I have in fact managed to get a full day's worth of Internet tethering (using my phones Internet signal to get my laptop online.) This I have to say is very impressive... Not only this, with the power saving features- even with some email and calls, I actually managed to get 3 DAY's battery, which has pleased me greatly!

Why such a good battery life in the Mega?

Due to the screen being so big, even I don't need to hold it up close... Samsung has recognized that the screen quality need not be so sharp as the flagship S4 Galaxy... This obviously saves a lot of power, without compromising in the super bright quality of the screen… Its as simple as that! (As well as the fact that the battery being so large and the power management being very efficient!)

Value for Money: I would only recommend buying an official Samsung battery as the cheaper ones tend to die quickly... However at around £25 online (Mobile fun), I would recommend that you buy a spare if you can, as I must say... I have found it to be most useful!

Verdict: An essential "extra" for a Samsung power user!

• mumsymary published 15/09/2013
    So you can talk for a long time
  • miloh published 12/09/2013
    WOW! Three days is impressive usage.