The overall rating of a review is different from a simple average of all individual ratings.
Share this review on
Had an eye on this product for some time now,finally I own it! At first look the Samsung SH100 might look like just another sleek point and shoot camera, but you have to experience it to feel the difference.
Samsung has kept the packaging simple and unboxing is quick.
Inside you will find the camera,battery,connectors,plug point, stylus(yes the camera operates with this most of the time), user manual and the software cd.
Finding the battery flap and setting up the battery is also quick and easy. Ensure that a micro SD card is handy as the camera's internal memory will put up a poor show.
If you are already put off by the stylus usage then think again because in my opinion the stylus introduces ease indirectly. That's done by reducing the button clutter on this little beauty. Overall you get to see just 3 buttons at 3 different spots (power,home & image view)
Key features according to me are:
1) images can be shared in real time using wifi
2) images can be uploaded to multiple apps (Facebook,picasa,photo bucket,Samsung imaging and you tube too !!)
3) saved image is displayed according to camera orientation i.e. both landscape as well as portrait)
4) 14 mp, upto 3200 ISO, adjustable shutter speed(can be delayed upto 16 sec.), adjustable aperture, thus better night photo without flash (specially when you don't want your pic to be burned by too much of light or when shooting past glasses)
5) smooth lens operation(extension & retraction)
6) the built quality and finishing, specially the touch screen is sturdy(the screen did not give ripples even upon pressing hard)
7) the menu and shooting options available are many and placed well.
8) you can choose from a list and camera displayes your favourite shooting options!