Review of "Sanctuary Spa Essentials Soothing Milk Bath"

published 12/10/2017 | beautybuff
Member since : 22/03/2014
Enjoying life, busy working full time and having fun with my family and always on the lookout for new beauty innovations!
Pro nice add in product
Cons none
Does it smell good?

"One for a while ago... I'd buy it again though!"

This is a review of the Sanctuary branded soothing milk bath product sold in Boots. I was bought the jar of this from my Mother in Law to celebrate becoming a mum, she decided that everyone buys for the baby and forgets the mother so treated me to a few products from this lovely range.

Consistency and smell
The milk bath is literally like powdered milk! It is really fine consistency and instantly melts when it meets the bath water. The product smells lovely and is quite fragrant but best not to sniff it direct too much as it will make you sneeze!

Contents
The product claims to deep cleanse, re-mineralise and soften skin with white china clay and epsom salts. It does turn the bath water a murky milky colour so you get the proper 'milk bath' experience.

Packaging
The product comes in a glass jar with a metal hinge lid and rubber seal which I believe is known as a French Kilner Jar or bail closure. These are not for fumbly hands as I struggle to open it when sealed as it closes really tightly. There's probably a knack to this that I haven't yet discovered. The jar also comes with a cute little wooden scoop to measure out and dispense the product. It's tied to the metal with a little bit of authentic looking twine which I haven't untied yet as I'm too impatient so I scoop out the product with a lid of the toothpaste!

Price
A 400g jar (big) costs £9.49 at Boots but it's currently in the three for two offer. Whilst I think this is a little bit expensive, I would also say it's classified as luxury bathing so is rightfully a little more expensive than a bog standard similar product.

Verdict
For the verdict, I asked myself a few questions...
Is it soothing? Yes, most baths are!
Did it make me feel clean? No not really. I felt quite nice and moisturised but not squeaky clean.
How long will it last? A jar will last me ages as I won't use it if I'm washing my hair.

Final word
If you're a bath fan then it's probably worth having this or a similar product in your bathing beauty collection. Whilst it's not a product I'd choose every time, it is a fun alternative and makes you feel like you're having a spa treatment in your own home without the expense. Bath times for me have become a brief affair since the birth of my daughter and I multi task it with reading whatever book I have on the go but it's still my 'me' time so I like to use nice bathing products to complement that. I thought this made a nice present to a new mum and will probably try to find a use for the glass container once the product runs out ~ although it'll have to be something I don't use very much as I did struggle with opening it from sealed!

• catsholiday published 14/10/2017