Review of "Sanctuary Spa Skin Body Polisher"

published 04/05/2012 | Wee_Jackie_163
Member since : 13/03/2009
~ Dipping my toe back in... ~
Pro Works well & good quality..
Cons More expensive than other brands..
Does it smell good?

"A Premium Polisher..!"

I have recently been introduced to the rather luxurious brand that is Sanctuary Spa, items from which can be purchased online directly (www.thesanctuary.co.uk) or bought in-store in larger branches of Boots, the well known drugstore.

I was first introduced to the brand at Christmas time when I received a gorgeous stocking filled with an assortment of delicious treats, some of which were edible, whilst others were cosmetics and toiletries. One of the items from the Sanctuary Spa range that was in my stocking was the "Sanctuary Spa Skin Body Polisher" which is basically a slightly-posher-than-usual version of a bath 'scrunchie'.

My body polisher looks identical to the one in the picture at the top of the Ciao review page except for one detail; the colour of the ribbon on my version is not orange, but is a deep shade of chocolate brown.

The Sanctuary Spa Polisher is a sort of delicate cream colour, and is made of a good quality fabric, which has a slightly thick 'netting' feel to it. Being bunched up around the centre or core of the round polisher, the ribbon protrudes neatly from the centre which serves as a sort of 'handle', making the polisher easy to hold and of course, easy to hang up in the shower or bath. One thing that did strike me as being a little odd before I used the polisher for the first time, was the fact that the 'handle' was made of a fabric similar to a satin ribbon. It did occur to me that this material wouldn't be particularly water-proof or at all water resistant, and I wondered if it would become damaged easily as a result.

When using the Skin Body Polisher, I tend to use it in the bath as well as in the shower. When using it in the shower, I tend to soak it with hot water and then squeeze my chosen body wash or shower gel product onto the 'net-like' surface of the polisher. I find that using a Body Polisher or 'Bath Scrunchie' makes my body wash products produce a good amount of soapy lather, so it tends to make these products last longer than normal which is a definite plus point. A similar process is carried out if I am using the Polisher in the bath; I simply soak it and squeeze my chosen 'cleanser' product onto the surface before using it to cleanse my skin.

The Body Polisher feels very pleasant to use; without being coarse or 'rough' on my delicate skin, the netting acts as a sort of exfoliator, and the textured surfaces feel pleasant to use on my tired skin, particularly when used with quite a luxurious body wash product. I find that the Body Polisher feels quite revitalising in a sense, and certainly my skin feels much more awake than if I were to use a plain flannel.

The end results are noticeable too; my skin is left quite soft which I would say is down to the exfoliating properties of the Body Polisher. Whilst the effect is not quite as noticeable as the results after using a more 'robust' product such as a loofah, which literally removes dead skin cells and reveals baby soft skin underneath, I can definitely notice a reasonable difference to the softness of my skin after the Body Polisher has been used in the bath or shower.

When I am using the Body Polisher, I find that it fits quite snugly into the palm of my hand and I can use it - and move it around - easily. It is a very lightweight item, and is not overly 'padded' which would perhaps make it feel quite cumbersome to use. The size and dimensions of the Polisher are completely spot on in my opinion and I have no complaints here at all.

After use, I find that the Body Polisher will dry out by itself and I usually hang it in the shower to allow it to dry easily. When I am next wanting to use the Polisher, it will be completely dry and I have never experienced any problems with the Polisher being difficult to rinse out or dry out, ready for its next use. I have only been using my Sanctuary Spa Body Polisher for a relatively short time, but I know from experience with products like this that they are able to be washed in the washing machine, and so when necessary I will simply pop this little Polisher in with some towels and flannels and wash it on a regular wash. I have done this with many different 'Scrunchies' and Polishers that I have owned before and have never experienced any problems in doing so.

The Body Polisher has kept its shape fairly well and hasn't started to unravel or fall apart in the way that other, slightly more 'budget' branded scrunchies have in the past. I do think that the Body Polisher is made of good quality fabric and materials, and I think it is an item of fairly premium quality.

Looking at the Sanctuary Spa Website (www.thesanctuary.co.uk), I can see that the normal retail price for the Polisher is £3.00. It can be purchased directly from the company, or from larger branches of Boots.

The ribbon 'handle' on the Polisher has remained intact throughout the time I have been using it, suffering from no wear and tear that I can see.

Overall, I think that the Sanctuary Spa Body Polisher is worth paying a little extra for, due to it being quite well made and fairly robust. I would recommend the Polisher and would definitely buy another one in the future.

• angelboouk123 published 04/05/2012
    nicely reviewed x
  • AnneLorraine1 published 04/05/2012
    I've got one of these
  • dobbysmum published 04/05/2012
    I have one of these, very good x