Sandisk Micro-SDHC Secure Digital 8192 MB

Sandisk Micro-SDHC Secure Digital 8192 MB

Review of "Sandisk Micro-SDHC Secure Digital 8192 MB"

published 02/06/2011 | derek-j-a
Member since : 26/04/2005
Thanks to everyone for reading/rating my reviews - I will always reciprocate as soon as I can. For those interested, I am very much into Zen, and my Zen blog is at.. http://zenthoughts-zen.blogspot.co.uk/
Pro A cheaper way to store video, photo, or practically any computer file.
Cons A little slower than the more expensive rivals
Memory / capacity
Reliability
Design
Ease of Installation

"SanDisk... Why Pay Double?"

When it comes to memory cards, I have found SanDisk to be a fast, economical and reliable product. I recently purchased an 8GB version for us in my Sony camcorder as the one that came with it was full and because these SD cards are so cheap nowadays, I thought I would just keeping getting new cards as each one filled up.

The card that came with the camcorder was a 8GB Fujiflim SDHC which after a bit of searching around, I discovered I could replace for around £16.75 on Amazon, whereas the SanDisk comes in at £7.99 which was the cheapest I could find.

I wasn't sure how good the SanDisk card would be because it was rated 'class 4' and the one already in the camera was 'class 6'. But the only difference I noted was a slightly longer delay after taking some video footage as the files were transferred across to the card.

I have found that the 8GB card is more than adequate for my uses that involves taking some footage of my Clavinova Piano playing for Youtube from time to time and shots when I am out and about.

SanDisk also produces a micro SD card that I use in my phone to store photographs. This card is tiny in comparison, I would say less than a quarter of the size of the standard size SD card. However, I have discovered that I could buy an adapter kit for £8.45 (Amazon) for the 8GB size (that includes one micro card and the adapter that looks like a full size card). I simply slide the micro disk into the adapter and I can then use this in my camcorder too and I find no deterioration in the performance.

As I do not have a card-reading slot on my desktop computer, I have a card reader which I plug into the USB and then slide the memory card in. It then pops up like any other external storage device where I can load the photos or videos on to the main drive. My laptop, and many modern PCs today comes with a built in card-reader slot, so there is no need for a separate card reader.

Overall, I must say that I am pleased with the performance of the SanDisk, having used them for quite a while now and whilst I'm no expert, I cannot see why I would need to buy a more expensive card.

Thanks for reading.

• JasonJRogers published 14/03/2012
    Great read!
  • catsholiday published 22/02/2012
    I agree why pay more for something that does the same job?
  • Zmugzy published 17/09/2011
    Nice review - always difficult to write a lot about these things :-)

Product Information : Sandisk Micro-SDHC Secure Digital 8192 MB

If you're looking to accelerate your mobile digital life, look no further than the SanDisk microSD card. No matter how small your phone or other device is, you can get the most from it. Videos, tunes, pictures, ring tones, games, data - it all fits with room for more. You don't put limits on your life, why should your phone?

Manufacturer: Sandisk

Bundled with: MobileMate Micro Reader

Enclosure Colour: Black

Localisation: EMEA

SD Card Speed Class Rating: No Class, Class 4, Class 2

EAN: 4250100327903, 4047443051455, 5030578156446, 5027141572000, 0619659052362, 6196590402462, 7665606001580, 0619659040246, 0619659086572, 0061965905236, 0619659052249

MPN: SMCFS5 EU

Manufacturer Warranty

Service & Support: 5 years warranty

Service & Support Details: Limited warranty - 5 years, Limited warranty - 5 years ¦ Limited warranty - card reader - 2 years

General

MPN: SDSDQ-8192-E11, SDSDQ-008G-E12M, SDSDQR-8192, SDSDQR-8192-E11, SDSDQR-8192-E12MK, SDSDQB-008G-B35, SDSDQ-008G-E11M, SDSDQM-008G-B35, SDSDQR-8192-E12M, 00SD4605, SDSDQR-8192-E11M, SDSDQ-8192-K, SDSDQB-8192-E11, SDSDQ-8192-E11M, SDSDQ-008G-A11M, SDSDQ-8192-A11M

Product Type: Flash memory card