Sandisk Secure Digital CARD 2048 MB

Sandisk Secure Digital CARD 2048 MB

Memory Card - SD Memory Card, SD Card

Review of "Sandisk Secure Digital CARD 2048 MB"

published 24/06/2011 | RosesAreRed1207
Member since : 11/05/2011
Back from holiday with a new username to match my blog, check it out!
Pro cheap and reliable
Cons small memory (but you know what to expect
Memory / capacity
Reliability
Design
Ease of Installation

"Secure yourself a bargain!"

Photography is a favourite past time for me. I have had a few lessons from my friend who works as a professional photographer and I value his opinion. He advised me on a variety of brands that he considered made reliable memory cards. One of which was Scandisk. I bought this 2 GB to put some images on for my grandparents digital photo frame. I didn’t want a really high class one as I would only be putting the images on once and leaving them to it.

*Price and availability*

I bought this card from eBay and it was new and sealed. I paid £0.70 for it, which I think is a good price to pay.

*Description*

The card is standard size (32mm x 21mm x 2.1mm) it is blue and feels rather robust. It is clearly labelled with the size you don't get it mixed up. It has the scandisk logo on the front. I have used many products from this brand and find them to be extremely reliable. Most of their SD cards come with a 5 year guarantee so at least you get piece of mind that your product will last.

The card comes in a see through plastic case so that when you are not using it, you can store it away safely to prevent it from being scratched or damaged. However I did not really need this, as I was simply popping it in the digital frame and not needing to cart it about.

The card is categorised as class two in speed. I was surprised at how fast the transfer was. The class of the card determines the minimum sustained write speed to the card
in megabytes. There are three categories with this card falling in the lowest category.

Class 2 = 2MB/sec, Class 4 = 4MB/sec, Class 6 = 6MB/sec. I was pleasantly surprised and would recommend the card. It behaves more like a class 4 than a 2.

*What can I store on it*

If you use a camera that takes photographs at around 10 megapixels, you will get around 770 pictures on the card.
Videos shot in normal mode ( around 9mbs/vbs) you can store around 60 minutes of video. Alternately the card will hold around 37 minutes of music.

*Overall*

I am extremely satisfied with this product. It is reliable and very good quality. The five year guarantee gives peace of mind and makes the card good value for money.

• donf18 published 24/06/2011
    They're quire clever aren't they