Sapphire - Katie Price

Sapphire - Katie Price

Review of "Sapphire - Katie Price"

published 12/09/2009 | xdonzx
Member since : 25/05/2007
Pro Plot , Great Holiday Read!
Cons None!
Would you read it again?
Story
Characters
Readability
How does it compare to similar books?

"* Sapphire! *"

First of all , if you follow the world that is celebrity then I'm sure you'll have heard of Katie Price's recent troubles. If not (and where have you been ?) I will explain to you who Katie Price is ;

Katie Price was born in Brighton on May 22nd 1978. Katie Price started her career off as a glamour model named Jordan. Although she was 'famous' in the 'lad mags' world , she wasn't that well known outside of it. However , in 2004 she appeared on the ITV television programme : I'm A Celebrity...Get Me Out Of Here , where she met her husband , Peter Andre in the jungle , that she became more well known , and became a brand! After modelling , Singing , being a television personality and being a regular favourite in celebrity magazines , she turned her hand to author. She is now said to be worth £40 million!

Sapphire is the fourth fictional book from Katie Price. It was released in the United Kingdom on 30th July 2009. This book was published by Century and is three hundred and twenty pages long. Like Katie Price's other books (Angel , Angel: Uncovered and Crystal) , they were ghostwritten by Rebecca Farnworth. Sapphire is available to buy from play.com for a price of £7.49.

Sapphire doesn't believe in love ; not after she found her husband in bed with another woman anyway! She turns her attention to her business ; a hen party organising busingess and lingerie company. But what will happen when things go badly for a well-known client ? Will the charming business man change her mind about men ? Read Sapphire to find out!

I have read all of Katie Price other fictional books and enjoyed them very much , so when I heard about his latest one , I was desperate to get my hands on a copy! Because I have read the other books , I knew what to expect in terms of Katie's style of writing , and so knew I was going to enjoy this book.

First of all , this is a great book to read while on holiday! I spent the whole afternoon reading it the other day (it only took me one afternoon!), sitting outside on the lawn while the sun was shining! It's exciting plots , yet simple wording makes it an easy-to-follow book , which I think makes it perfect for 'chilling out' while reading it. Like her other books , there are some great twists and turns which makes it a really good page-turner!

I think in order to enjoy this book , you need to be a fan of Katie Price as it definately represents her personality and attitude towards things , especially men. In fact I don't think , many of the characters are really fictional characters , but people she has actually met and has developed them into characters , by changing names etc. I also find that all of the main characters in her books are exactly like her in real life. So unless you like Katie , you won't enjoy this book.

I quite liked Sapphire , the main character in this book. She is very likeable , and reminded me a bit of Katie. I really felt for Sapphire , and felt as though I really got to know her. I found that whatever she was feeling , I was feeling too. When she was unlucky in love ; I was really hoping that she would meet someone suitable for her. When her business was failing , I was hoping it would 'bounce back' again. By the end of the novel , it felt like Sapphire was one of my closest friends.

Once I had started reading this book , I could just not put it down - I had read it within a couple of hours and was so gutted when I got to the end. Each time I kept saying , 'ok one more chapter , then I'll stop' , but I just kept saying it to myself until eventually I finished reading the book!

This is definately a girlie girl's book! If your into the whole 'Celebrity' and 'WAG' thing ; then you'll love this! It makes a perfect read whilst lounging by the pool or on the beach!

If your a fan of Katie's and have read the other books , then you might be interested in this one! I thought that this book was good and I can't wait for the next one!

Thanks For Reading!
September 12th 2009
xd-o-n-z-x(also posted on ciao under xdonzx)

• docpov published 15/10/2009
    Ghost writing should be banned, it's taking the rewards from anothers work, even if they are willing.
  • manlybeach published 13/09/2009
    I cannot stand the woman so I definitely won't be reading this! Well reviewed though x
  • marymoose99 published 13/09/2009
    It's an absolute joke having books ghostwritten.

Product Information : Sapphire - Katie Price

Sapphire Jones doesn't believe in relationships anymore - not since she caught her husband in bed with another woman. Now Sapphire only sees men on her terms which is why her current lover is younger than her, good looking, doesn't place any emotional demands on her [so far, fingers crossed] and is great in bed. What more does a girl need? Sapphire puts all her passion into running her own business - a high end lingerie and hen weekend company. She is doing well and life seems pretty good until she meets a very handsome, charming businessman who seems more than a match for Sapphire. Then things go badly wrong at the hen party she has planned for a soap star and tabloid darling. The evening is one that everyone will be talking about for all the wrong reasons and Sapphire faces front page headlines all of her own...Suddenly her business is in jeopardy, her well-controlled private life is falling apart, and in the middle of all this Sapphire realises that she is not immune to love after all, but has she left it too late? About the AuthorKatie Price is Jordan, one of the UK's top celebrities. She is an ex-glamour model, TV presenter, author, singer, mother and wife. She currently lives in Sussex with her husband Peter Andre, her sons and her daughter. Sapphire is Katie Price's fourth novel.

Type: Fiction