Savers (Shop)

Savers (Shop)

Review of "Savers (Shop)"

published 08/05/2002 | rachel_vickers
Member since : 08/05/2002
Good
Pro Cheap products, wide range of products
Cons Sells a lot of cleaning products
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range
Availability

"Savers ruined Superdrug"

Whenever I decided to change my hair colour, or felt like a new colour of eyeshadow, I could always pop into town and go to my local Superdrug. Here, I would find a HUGE variety of different cosmetics from a multitude of brands. I thought this was great because in my town, there aren't a lot of shops that stock lots of cosmetics. Anyway, then the shop 'Savers' took over the 'Superdrug', and now I have to go all the way into the city to buy decent cosmetics because 'Savers' only stocks cheap and tacky brands, such as 'Lizzie' and the occasional reduced bottle of 'Collection 2000' lilac nail polish. The only decent products that they do stock are hair dyes, which, granted, they sell at a cheap price, but they do tend to sell, in vast excess, toilet cleaning products, which I find quite baffling. Do 'Savers' realise that a lot of people consider them to be 'just another 'What Everyone Wants' and 'Poundstretcher'? I think not.

• BrookieFan99 published 14/02/2012
    It's weird because Savers took over superdrug in your area but in my area Superdrug took over savers. WEIRD
  • tracy2002 published 12/09/2002
    I agree on the make up side of things in your op but the Savers we have in our town seem to have a much wider variety of products than you mention. Yes, I admitt we have a lot of household products in the shop where I live but they have loads of other products too, you would certainly find half of superdrug in our savers. What kind of savings did you make on your hair dye? if you updat your op please leave a msg in my guestbook and I will re-rat for you :) tracy :)
  • Elainebaba published 08/05/2002
    What are people doing about it? Maybe Superdrug was not making profits. Avril

Product Information : Savers (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 22/06/2001