Scholl Intensive Night Treatment Foot Cream

Scholl Intensive Night Treatment Foot Cream

Review of "Scholl Intensive Night Treatment Foot Cream"

published 20/03/2012 | MEL0611
Member since : 24/09/2009
Mummy to be, bubba due end of March...watch out for Nappy reviews!!!!
Good
Pro Easy to apply, not at all messy, leaves feet feeling moisturised
Cons Didnt do anything for the heels of the feet
Effectiveness

"Scholl Night Cream Treatment....."

I am sure if you have read any of my previous reviews then you will know that I do tend to suffer with my feet. Because I tend to walk everywhere I do notice the wear and tear on my feet. I have tried a number of treatmetns in the past and have had all sorts of foot creams as well trying to use my foot spa on a regular basis but that is not always that practical when I am in a rush. One of the latest treatments that I have been using is the Scholl Intensive Night treatment.

I have used the Scholl brand before; I have tried their blister treatment as well as a couple of different foot soaks from them. I have always found that whilst you may pay a little bit more for the product it is always quite good. The Night Treatment cost me £4.99. This was an offer price as it will normally retail at around the £6.00 mark. I got mine in Boots as this was where it was cheapest and of course I got some advantage card points on it! The cream can also be found in places like Wilkinson’s, Lloyds the chemist and Bodycare.

The reason for me wanting to make this purchase is that as I mentioned above, I do a great deal of walking and my feet do get worn out I guess, I suffer with cracked heels and dry skin, I knew Scholl specialised in the feet treatment as well as the fact that you got a set of socks to use with this cream. The actual product comes in a cardboard box and with the cream on the one side and the socks on the other. On the front of the box is the Scholl logo and the name of the product and on the reverse of the packaging is further detail on the product.

Once opened, you will see that the cream has information on how to apply, a breakdown of the ingredients that have been used as well as further information on the product and Scholl. To apply the cream is really easy; I thought that it may be a little messy but far from it. The cream, once applied is a thick but smooth texture and I didn’t really notice a great deal of fragrance coming from it. Whilst applying the cream to my feet did make my hands feel a little greasy it wasn’t too bad. It did not particularly blend into the skin on my feet but rather sat on it and as much as I tried to blend it in due to the thickness of it I was instead better off putting the socks on and letting the cream do the work!

The socks had a very snug fit, it is a one size fits all but I did find them quite restricting, the band at the top of the sock also felt a little tight. I did preserver though and tried using this treatment on a regular basis for over a couple of weeks. The results were that whilst I found my feet to feel softer, the skin on my heels were still left feeling quite dry, I would have liked to have seen after the deep moisturising treatment that they would have been in a better condition. The night cream was advertised as helping repaired feet that were in my state and yes, whilst I was impressed with how the rest of my foot felt, the skin being really subtle and feeling in a much better condition, the actual heel was still a little bit of a mess!

In summary, whilst I recommend this if your feet are a little try and need some extra moisture then the cream and socks would work well but if you have really tired feet like mine then perhaps this cream is not the right one.

A 3 out of 5 from me on this one