Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colour Shine Boost Spray

Review of "Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colour Shine Boost Spray"

published 26/12/2015 | catsholiday
Member since : 03/03/2003
Reviews : 1982
Pro Leaves my hair shiny and feels light and soft
Cons Quite expensive at full price
Staying power
How does your hair feel after use?
Does it smell good?

"Diamond shine to my hair"

Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colour Shine Boost Spray

My hair is naturally curly/way and very thick and quite course so does not naturally have a shine. If I straighten it a little then it can shine but curly hair tends not to shine as in order to curl the strands are formed differently and are not smooth.

Anyway because of my lack of shine I decided to buy this to add shine and preserve my hair colour a bit too. It was actually in Tesco’s bargain shelf and I paid about £2 for it but the RRP on Amazon is £5 with free delivery.

~~~~~~ ABOUT THIS PRODUCT ~~~~~

This was apparently developed with Claudia Schiffer for those of us with coloured or highlighted hair. It says that this will produce “Dazzling colour luminosity with diamond gloss serum & UV filters”.

~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~

This comes in a plastic container which kind of tall and oval instead of a rounded cylinder shape. The spray is a non aerosol one which I am happy with as I don’t like adding CFCs to the environment. The plastic container can be recycled with all other plastic items. The spray lid is protected by a clear plastic cover.

~~~~~~ MY VIEWS ~~~~~~~

This is a gloss with a light oil appearance. I like the fact it has UV filters as that is what stops colour fading and stops sun damage to the hair.
You can spray this on damp hair pre styling or on dry hair after styling. Personally I tend to use argan oil on my damp hair then spray this on my hair once it is dry and styled. It is a lovely light product that doesn’t weigh my hair down at all, it smells fresh and slightly sweet and gives my hair a great glossy shine.

The company say that using this also helps the hair with up to 99% less hair breakage and split ends. I cannot in all honesty say whether this is true or not as I don’t suffer from split ends or breaking hair as my hair is so strong and tough, a bit like wire!!

There are a few safety precautions when using this. Firstly avoid spraying into your eyes. I know it sounds pretty obvious but I have often sprayed things in different directions as the nozzle may be facing where I don’t notice!

This is flammable so keep it away from open and direct heat and don’t spray near open flames. Store this out of direct sunlight. I keep mine in a basket on my dressing table with my other hair stuff where I have easy access to everything as well as my hair dryer and straighteners.

~~~~~~~ WHAT IS IN THIS? ~~~~~~~

Alcohol Denat; Citronellol; Trisiloxane; Cyclomethicone; Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil; Octocrylene; VP/VA Copolymer; Parfum; Aqua; Hexyl Cinnamal; Linalool; Limonene; Benzyl Salicylate; Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone; Coumarin; Geraniol

So not exactly full of natural ingredients here but there are a few such as the Prunus Armeniaca Kernel Oil which is apricot kernel oil.

Alcohol denat just means that something bad tasting has been added to alcohol to make it unpleasant to drink.

Citronellol is a colourless liquid with a sweet, rose-like odour.
Trisiloxane is a broad-spectrum UV absorber.

Cyclomethicone is a synthetic silicone oil and that gives the shine and also conditions the hair.

Octocrylene is a chemical compound used in sunscreens so another UV filter

You get the idea anyway. Apart from the apricot kernel oil everything else is man made or chemically created from petroleum based products.

~~~~~~ RECOMMENDED? ~~~~~~

Yes I do like this despite it the fact it is far from natural. It smells nice and is lovely and light. It does give my hair a nice sheen and also makes it smell fresh and nice too.

Thanks for reading.

©Catsholiday

• GeorgieH1994 published 11/01/2016
  • AnneLorraine1 published 29/12/2015
  • 1st2thebar published 29/12/2015
    Good. In regards to copyright... I deal with copyright so I have some knowledge. It is always a good thing to add the year. In a digi-world we all can see the date which the write up was posted but it doesn't include when the author actually wrote the piece. The year aids how long the copyright lasts for, if you edited a piece which is several years old you can update your copyright year. By not having a copyright date you're putting it into the pedantic digi-world's hands. Hope that helps.

Product Information : Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colour Shine Boost Spray

Manufacturer: Schwarzkopf

EAN: 5012583204176

Listed on Ciao since: 19/07/2015

Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colour Shine Boost Spray - Review - Diamond shine to my hair

catsholid... 4

catsholiday

About me: Sad to see this site no longer paying. Thanks to everyone for reading and rating over the years and hope not to lose touch with long term ciaoers.

Member since:03.03.2003

Reviews:1982

Diamond shine to my hair

26.12.2015

Advantages:
Leaves my hair shiny and feels light and soft

Disadvantages:
Quite expensive at full price

Staying power

How does your hair feel after use?

Does it smell good?

Why did you buy it?Low Price

25 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. GeorgieH1994
  2. AnneLorraine1
  3. 1st2thebar

Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colour Shine Boost Spray

Anyway because of my lack of shine I decided to buy this to add shine and preserve my hair colour a bit too. It was actually in Tescos bargain shelf and I paid about 2 for it but the RRP on Amazon is 5 with free delivery.

~~~~~~ ABOUT THIS PRODUCT ~~~~~

This was apparently developed with Claudia Schiffer for those of us with coloured or highlighted hair. It says that this will produce Dazzling colour luminosity with diamond gloss serum & UV filters.

~~~~~~ PACKAGING ~~~~~~

This comes in a plastic container which kind of tall and oval instead of a rounded cylinder shape. The spray is a non aerosol one which I am happy with as I dont like adding CFCs to the environment. The plastic container can be recycled with all other plastic items. The spray lid is protected by a clear plastic cover.

~~~~~~ MY VIEWS ~~~~~~~

You can spray this on damp hair pre styling or on dry hair after styling. Personally I tend to use argan oil on my damp hair then spray this on my hair once it is dry and styled. It is a lovely light product that doesnt weigh my hair down at all, it smells fresh and slightly sweet and gives my hair a great glossy shine.

The company say that using this also helps the hair with up to 99% less hair breakage and split ends. I cannot in all honesty say whether this is true or not as I dont suffer from split ends or breaking hair as my hair is so strong and tough, a bit like wire!!

There are a few safety precautions when using this. Firstly avoid spraying into your eyes. I know it sounds pretty obvious but I have often sprayed things in different directions as the nozzle may be facing where I dont notice!

This is flammable so keep it away from open and direct heat and dont spray near open flames. Store this out of direct sunlight. I keep mine in a basket on my dressing table with my other hair stuff where I have easy access to everything as well as my hair dryer and straighteners.

~~~~~~~ WHAT IS IN THIS? ~~~~~~~

Citronellol is a colourless liquid with a sweet, rose-like odour.
Trisiloxane is a broad-spectrum UV absorber.

Octocrylene is a chemical compound used in sunscreens so another UV filter

~~~~~~ RECOMMENDED? ~~~~~~

Thanks for reading.

Catsholiday
Pictures
Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colour Shine Boost Spray Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colo
Schwarzkopf Essence Ultime Diamond Colour Shine Boost Spray

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

GeorgieH1994 11.01.2016 18:07