ShellyQ19... 5

ShellyQ1975

Member since:24.10.2006

Another Money Saving Investment.

14.02.2007

Advantages:
Great communicators, Good Value

Disadvantages:
None Yet !

12 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. bmthkatie
  2. existtoinspire
  3. quan
  1. Julieshobs
  2. Soho_Black
  3. Nathan_Innit

Having recently gone through one of those Comparison Sites yet again, I found myself another Bargain. This time it was for my Gas & Electric.

This time I used Energyhelpline.com to find me a cheaper provider for my Gas & Electric. I had used them before to look for Electric suppliers and went with British Gas. What a mistake that was. Nothing but trouble since the first day.

Anyway that was then. A year later I used this site, and it came up with using Scottish Power for both my Gas & Electric. I found out that by going with them I could save over £150 a year. I wish I had found this out sooner. I have never had my Gas & Electric with the same company before and so decided it was the right thing to do.

After signing up online in January this year, I received a Confirmation email from Scottish Power the next day. And got a letter the following week from them. They welcomed me as a new customer and gave me details on what would happen next. They also gave me the option of cancelling if I wished, and gave me advice on providing them with Meter Readings.

Two weeks later I received another letter explaining that my supply of Gas & Electric would start in 10 days time, and that they had sorted out with my current suppliers the transfer, and would pass on my Meter readings for my final bills. When I originally received an email from Scottish Power about my application, I was told that it would take between 4-6 weeks. They have actually managed to sort it out within 4 weeks which was excellent. I also received a phone call the day after the letter arrived to explain what was currently happening, and to ask me if I had any questions. They have been very helpful indeed.

To give you an idea on how much I have saved, I was paying two different suppliers £51 per month for both my Gas & Electricity supply. I will now be paying only £38 per month with Scottish Power. That is a total saving of £13 per month or £156 per year.

My supply from Scottish Power has not yet started, so I can't give you any more details on how their Customer Service is, but if they carry on the way they started, they will certainly be an improvement on my last supplier.

With Scottish Power, you can do everything online if you choose. They are the only suppliers who offer Real-Time Billing. When you give them an online meter reading they will update it instantly. This means that there will be no more need for estimated billing. They also do Paperless billing, and they will only send out one Home meter reading per year instead of the usual four.

Paperless billing eh! Saving the planet as well as saving money. Can't be bad!

Hope this has helped. If anything I would recommend using the Online Comparison Sites. They really do work.

Thanks

mightymuffin 03.07.2007 19:55

Great review

shazzaspannered 07.03.2007 14:49

Im just glad that it didn't turn out to be Powergen that were cheaper for you. If you ever swap again don't go with them I have had nothing but problems with them and I can't wait to finally be rid of them now I've moved x

gizmoxx 16.02.2007 22:49

great review, well done on the blue! xx