Scrapbook Inspirations Magazine

Scrapbook Inspirations Magazine

Review of "Scrapbook Inspirations Magazine"

published 14/11/2008 | Sarahjh1
Member since : 02/11/2008
Pro Some excellent ideas,exciting projects and lots of information
Cons non

"Scrapbook Inspirations Magazine"

Scrapbooking used to be a favourite occupation during the Victorian era.
My Grandmother was an avid scrapbooker and I still have 2 of her albums,filled with snippets of all the greetings cards that she had received over the years.
In he past I have made many scrapbooks with my children,a way of entertaining them on a winters day,its an inexpensive hobby that can keep anyone occupied for hours.

The magazine is exactly as it describes itself..inspirational..
Very individual ideas pop up,making table setting place names,ideas for making customised napkin rings.
An idea that will really have appeal for the children..how to make a theatre and characters to put on a show.
A recently featured idea was how to display family photographs in a fun way !
This was an exercise that my granddaughter and I did together one evening..we bought a very inexpensive mini metal bucket and filled it with glass pebbles.We then took some of her holiday snaps from earlier on in the year and just cut out the smiling faces!..they were then stuck to a piece of shaped card..then given a stick ,so they could be stuck into the bucket..she thought it was great fun to have a `Bucket full of lollipop photographs ` on her bedside table !

If you were interested in taking it up as a hobby then the magazine runs day courses,advice on when and where these are held are in the magazine.

They have a monthly competition,the prizes are usually tickets to a show or a book.

There is a general section where people talk about their passion for Scrapbooking and also talk about use of colour and materials.
Many people say that the use of bold ,showy and gaudy colour schemes are really attractive in scrapbooking.
My Grand daughter and I usually use what we have to hand ie: postcards,old magazines,leaflets etc

There is a National Scrapbooking day,where many avid scrapbookers invite their friends around and have scrapbooking get togethers.
National scrapbooking day is on the 3rd of May.

You can also enter your work into many different competitions ,by sending a set of photographs of it into the magazine.

At the moment the subscription service is offering a welcome gift,which is a complete set of paper and stickers from Cosmo Cricket,who are well known for scrapbook supplies.
A yearly subscription (13 issues) will cost £36.31...if you choose to buy the magazine every four weeks the each cover costs £3.99

Lots of inspiration and ideas,tips from experts,beginners hints,projects that can be enjoyed by both young and old..the magazine is packed with information.
I really look forward to looking through each new issue,even if I decide on projects that I have developed myself,I can still utilise some of the ideas in the Scrapbooking magazine.

Definitely a great buy !!

If any of you are looking for Scrapbook supplies then just surf the Internet or take a look on Ebay...there are hundreds of suppliers.

• tigerthecat published 14/11/2008
    Very well written review.
  • EVIT published 14/11/2008