Scrub Love Body Scrub

Scrub Love Body Scrub

Review of "Scrub Love Body Scrub"

published 04/08/2017 | Nymphypig
Member since : 14/05/2015
Good
Pro Natural ingredients, no polluting microbeads, lovely smell, good results
Cons Packaging inconvenient for shower use
Does it smell good?

"Scrub a dub dub, coffee in my tub!"

I first became aware of scrub love when cat sitting for a friend - overcome with a migraine, I opened their bathroom cabinet in search of painkillers and a delicious coffee aroma wafted out at me! I didn't try any of theirs, deciding that helping myself to their cosmetics might be a wee bit cheeky, but I did go on to order myself some a few days later to see if it was any good!

A browse on the website revealed 12 different varieties of scrubs, in all kinds of varieties - coconut, chocolate, orange - it was a veritable smorgasbord of delicious sounding varieties, but as it was the coffee scrub that had led me to the website, the Original Lovin' coffee scrub was the one I opted for.
Price and Availability

I've never seen any of the scrub love products in any of the stores I shop in, however they may be available in some of the more 'boutique' style stores. I ordered mine direct from the website https://uk.scrublove.com, and I've also seen some of the varities for sale on the lookfantastic website. I paid 12.99 for my 200ml packet of scrub, with Royal Mail 1st class shipping free.

Packaging

I did like the packaging this comes in, a sort of sachet/pouch type thing, with a tear off tab and a resealing strip inside to keep the product fresh when opened. I like that it is flat and takes up no space when empty - as someone who is always having to squish down the bin when I put it out for collection, minimal packaging is something that always gets my vote. I don't however recall if the packaging was recylcable.

I think it's very attractively designed too - a simple white background with black dots, and a blush pink square with the name of the company and a few details about the scrub. It's modern, quite young and trendy, and rather classy too - not something I'd have to hide away in the bathroom, and not something I'd be embarrassed to present as a gift.

The Scrub

I'm more used to exfoliating scrubs coming in screw top pots, and being sort of a thick gloop with bits in, so this scrub is a little different in texture. The main basis of the scrub is coffee grounds, and that's almost exactly what the texture of this is - all scrub, no useless filler. It's a moist, fine composty sort of texture- and potentially very messy, so certainly best used in the bath or shower.

I like to use this in this shower - have a quick rinse first, then use this, massaging it into my skin thoroughly, before rinsing off. It's pretty gentle on the skin, a soft running rather than a gritty scratching. Unlike sugar scrubs, which do dissolve, especially in warm water, these grounds don't so a small amount if you're not rinsing it right off can be rubbed and redistributed over the whole body

It has a lovely smell to it - coffee obviously being the main thing you smell when using considering it's the main ingredient. Other ingredients include almond oil, orange oil, orange peel, and himalayan pink rock salt, but I don't think you can really smell any of those in it - I did occasionally get a whiff of 'other' about the coffee smell, but honestly couldn't have pinpointed whether that was the orange or not coming out. Either way though, it's a lovely smell.

The packaging, which I praised earlier, does let itself down slightly in the shower though, as the reseal strip doesn't seal easily when wet. This means you either have to use it in the bath (which I dislike because of the extra cleaning it causes) or hop out of the shower, grab a handful, and hop back in, or find some way to quickly cover up the package to stop water getting inside. Definitely inconvenient and stops using this being as relaxing and pleasurable as it could be.

The scrub rinses off and away down the drain easily, and does leave a faint whiff of coffee on the skin, that does tend to linger a while. I wouldn't use this in the morning if I was wanting to wear perfume of lotions as I think it potentially would conflict, but at night it's fine, with the odour mostly gone by morning.

Coffee, or rather caffeine is meant to have some great benefits for the skin - apparently it can tighten skin and reduce cellulite, as well as fighting premature skin aging. Whilst I can't hand on heart say it did anything about my cellulite, or indeed about keeping me youthful, I did leave the shower feeling thoroughly clean and with my skin a glowing pink, thoroughly smoothed, and with it actually feeling quite moist.

Other Info

These products are not tested on animals, contain no plastic microbeads, are paraben free and contain 100% natural ingredients.

Conclusion

Although I loved the smell of this scrub, and was more than happy with the results, I think the packaging in terms of convenience when actually using the product is enough of a bugbear to stop me buying this product again - products like this do go off fairly quickly, and not being able to easily seal this up again in a running shower means water gets into the packet and makes it harder to seal securely. I'm not sure how a scrub like this, which is drier and looser than some of the tub scrubs you get could be better packaged, but it is something that needs improving about the product design, and is the reason I'm knocking off two stars, as although you can also use it in the bath, the extra rinsing and cleaning caused is also an inconvenience.

• mousy86 published 07/08/2017
    Great review x
  • cornishchic published 07/08/2017
    vh x
  • danielclark691 published 07/08/2017
    very good

offers "Scrub Love Body Scrub"