Review of "Scubapro Crystal Vu"

published 24/05/2011 | southwestdiver
Member since : 21/05/2011
Good
Pro Side windows, generous nose pocket
Cons A bit bulky
How does it compare to similar products?

"The Scubapro Crystal View is a great mask for guiding divers"

This mask has served me well for over three years now and I have been known for going through masks at a rapid rate. The crystal view has side windows which are great if you want to be spatially aware whilst diving. This has been very important for me as I work as a dive guide and have to be able to see my divers at all times. The mask gives a nice clear view that lets you see what is going on to your sides where most conventional masks usually have the silicone of the mask blocking the view. Incorporating this feature has made the mask rather bulky but I think this easily makes up for it underwater. It would be nice if the mask was available in black silicone as it would then be suitable for underwater phtographers. The clear silicone lets in too much light for underwater photography and stops the user being able to concentrate on the image through the viewfinder. The silicone of the mask is good quality but being clear you will need to make sure that it stays out of the sun. The nose pocket is generous so will cater for those with slightly larger noses like myself. A great mask overall that is perfect for guiding divers!