Review of "Seagate Expansion Portable 2TB"

published 21/07/2017 | MrYorkiesWorld
Member since : 08/07/2015
On a roll as of late! Plenty of new products coming in to review!
Pro Fast, Reliable and Easy to Use!
Cons Nothing that I can think of!
Memory / capacity
Reliability
Design
Ease of Installation

"Great HDD for Homes and Small Businesses - Seagate Expansion 2TB"

Seagate Expansion Portable 2TB

Seagate Expansion Portable 2TB

Introduction

As a small businesses owner, I need to be able to store files and take them with me wherever I need them. Whether it’s to a client’s house, or just downstairs at my laptop when I’m not upstairs on the Desktop. I need something small, but at the same time something that allows for portability.

I’ve actually owned the Seagate Expansion Portable 2TB drive for some time. I tend to use it more than I do my network drive purely because it’s so useful for important files such as invoices, receipts, video files, images and general everyday documents that I need to have constant access to.

This small but handy little drive is the perfect solution to my needs, and probably to the needs of many people who also need regular access to their files for similar reasons such as business.

Size

Drives like this which are portable are always on the smaller side, but this one is particularly compact and easy to carry around and fit into tight spaces. The actual dimensions for this drive are 1.52 x 12.19 x 8.13 cm, and with a tiny weight of just 181 grams. This, of course means it’s perfect even to fit in your pocket (although I wouldn’t do that just for the sake of possibly sitting on it!).

I like the idea that it is so light in weight that it doesn’t really cause any nuisance – especially if you need to travel abroad, but you also need your files to take with you. It makes it so much easier than worrying about not having enough space on a flash drive, or possibly, in the worst case scenario needing to transport your full computer tower at an additional cost to you, just to access your files!

It’s small, compact and simple to use in terms of its size and weight.

Compatibility

Obviously this device uses a USB connection – USB 3.0 to be exact, however it does also have backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 devices which makes it virtually compatible with any Operating System to date, on both Mac and Windows.

The drive doesn’t need any drivers to be installed, or any specific software from a CD or DVD – just plug it into your device via the USB cable and you’ll be good to go within seconds. Most drives these days of this nature do tend to be plug-and-play anyway, but some drives can be a little more complicated.

Speed

The Seagate Expansion Portable 2TB has a Hard Drive speed / Spindle Speed of 5400 RPM. Actual transfer speeds may vary depending on your computer and the types of files being transferred, but in general you can expect things to be a perfectly acceptable speed for streaming videos, storing files and quick access overall – especially if you’re using USB 3.0.

I personally don’t have any issues with the speed of things with this drive – I’ve transferred countless different types of media and documents to and from it with ease, and things don’t really tend to take a great deal of time to complete, even when streaming video files from the drive.

Usage and Interface

It couldn’t be easier to use this drive. As soon as you connect it via USB, it should come up as an additional drive on your computer so that you can access it and transfer files back and forth. There really is not much else I can comment on in terms of its ease of use, it’s simple, quick and convenient.

Final Verdict

There’s not really much else I can summarize about a product such as this, apart from the fact that it’s a great product if you need to have that element of portability in your life when it comes to your files and documents.
The drive is very compact, but at the same time has great performance and compatibility with most computers, laptops and devices that have the ability to use such storage.

I would definitely recommend this product to people who need portable storage for things like work or business, or if you just fancy having portable storage for your files so that you can take them to a friend’s house! Overall, this product gets a thumbs-up from me!