bluebell1... 5

bluebell190

Member since:09.10.2010

So much fun!

24.06.2011

Advantages:
Easy to learn how to use

Disadvantages:
Can lose control quickly !

26 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Thehonesttruth
  2. jillycat
  3. Soho_Black

Me and my boyfriend decided to have a go on one of these on our recent holiday to Mexico. It was a tour with a guide all around our hotel complex. As our hotel was so big, these segways were a great way to explore around the resort and see things we wouldnít have seen if we hadnít gone on these!

It cost us £24 each, and overall we were on the segway tour for about 2 and a half hours, and it was well worth the money. Me and my boyfriend loved these segways we didnít want to come off them! They are so much fun and a lot easier to drive than we thought. We were really nervous about getting on one but once your on you soon get used to them.

The segways look exactly like in the picture, and feel really light weight when you are on them. They work by having sensors in the bottom where you stand and your lean and tilt which way you want to move.

You have to put your feet dead in the middle when you get on, because if you put too much pressure on the front or back it would start driving off! When you stand on it if you lean forward slightly your toes put pressure on the front and it moves the segway forward. The more you lean forward the fastest they go. Same with going backwards, you press your heels down and the segway starts to slow down and break. To go backwards you just lean backwards slightly, once you get used to how much you have to lean they are so easy to control.

To keep the segway still you have to make sure you are standing upright, as it will move as soon as you lean or tilt anywhere. They donít have a brake on the handle of anything the only way to break is the try and get in the middle again or lean backwards to slow down first.

You use the handlebar to move you left and right, you just tilt it and tilt your body the same way and it moves so easily. They also donít need to be moving to steer, you can move round in a whole circle on the spot by just tilting which way you want to go.

It is very hard once you have learnt to control the segway to fall off it, although I did loose control going down a hill on mine, we were only supposed to go down the hill slowly at about 10 miles an hour but mine just somehow went speeding down there! Luckily I hit a speed bump at the bottom and somehow managed to stop and not fall off it! It there hadnít have been anything to stop me at the bottom and I had come of it I would have been really injured!

You must wear a helmet on these segways just incase you do loose control and come off it!

The segways feel so smooth once you are on them and have built up a bit of speed, they are a great method of transport! They are so much fun when you are on them, and it was great to go on the beach with them as they went over the sand so easily. Even going down pavements and over bumps, it was so easy they did not feel unsafe at all. They donít go very fast, probably about 20 miles an hour but they feel a lot faster when you are on them!

I absolutely loved my segway tour, they are so much fun to drive about on, and if they were legal in the UK I would love to get one! I highly recommend you try one of these as a tour if you get the chance, they are well worth the money.

guerlain_girl 24.06.2011 21:16

They sound downright dangerous! No brake on the handlebar? Goodness!

dee7778 24.06.2011 21:07

When we were in Lisbon the policemen and women drove around on these - it looked very odd.