Select (Shop)

Select (Shop)

Review of "Select (Shop)"

published 06/05/2001 | jenny_carr
Member since : 22/09/2000
Pro Good clothes for the prices
Cons The rails and the changing rooms
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"Select your favourite clothes at a low price"

As I walk along the busy highstreet of Weston-super-Mare, Select cathes my eye with the big sale signs in the window. I instantly think ahhh plenty of bargins so I find myself trying to weave myself though the crowds and eventually I have reached the shop.

I'm standing in the doorway of Select scanning the shop with my eyes deciding in which direction to head. The shop looks crammed with people and the clothes rails look quite close together so the layout to me isn't very pleasing. Oh well, I think to myself shall I risk getting squashed or shall I leave the gorgeous jeans to my right. Of course the first option sounds good so I take a deep breath and squeeze myself over to the jeans.

After saying sorry for accidently pushing a few of the customers, I'm finally infront of the jeans. There are about 5 or 6 different kinds and they are all quite neatly placed on the rail so it is easy to find my size and I'm not struggling with 10 pairs of jeans that are falling off the rail. As I flick through the jeans desperatly trying to find my size, I can see that the sizes range from a size 8 to about a size 18 which is brilliant and it shows the shop is for everyone. This impresses me.

I find my size and take them off the rail, I look for the price and see that they are priced at £19 which is very good for a pair of fashionable jeans. In New Look that day I found a pair of jeans for £27 so Ii was pleased and looked around for the changing rooms. I can seee that they are all the way up the end of the shop. The amount of rails that I'll have to pass is quite unbelievable so that proves to me that they stock a lot of clothes.

Well I take another deep breath and start to make my way up to the changing rooms. It's difficult but I manage it with saying sorry to plenty of people on the way again.

The queue for the changing room is minimal so I only have to wait for about 2 minutes. A cubical becomes free and I dash into it. I look for the curtain and let it hang. The bad thing about it is that it leaves gaps at the sides so people may catch a glimpse of you. So there I am standing in the changing room trying to hide behind the curtain but of course I manage to fall over! The trousers fit! I'm so pleased so I gather everything up and head out of the changing room with a bright red face and I prepare myself to try and make it to the counter which is in the middle of the shop.

I can see the queue is quite long so it's backing out to one of the tight isles. I join the queue and wai. I finally reach the counter. The staff are friendly and are quick with the payment. I say thanks and make my way out of the shop.

As I'm heading for the door, I pass a number of rails with dresses, t-shirts, skirts etc. All look to be a good price. Select also sell a range of accessories so you have everything you could need in there.

A good shop except for the rails!!!

• lil_kayb published 02/07/2003
    yeah a good review ,i don`t necessarily agree with your views though .If you ask me Select is v cheap and tacky.x
  • BJEEE published 10/05/2001
    Nicely written dude!!

Product Information : Select (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 29/03/2001