Select (Shop)

Select (Shop)

Review of "Select (Shop)"

published 30/04/2012 | hannahisme
Member since : 24/09/2010
Lots of reviews over on my blog - Beginnersbeauty.com
Good
Pro lovely clothes, affordable, good quality
Cons poor customer service, slow delivery
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"Lovely clothes - terrible service"

So I love online shopping - I love that you don't have to leave the house and face the irritating crowds and queues. I find that it is actually cheaper most of the time to order fashion and beauty products online but the sales you get in store are exclusive to the stores as opposed to online sometimes. So it has it's pro's and con's.

MY FIRST THOUGHTS

My first thoughts about this website were "wow everything looks lovely and it is so cheap". The variety of clothes looked amazing, the quality looked good, the styles were bang on trend and the sales they had were awesome. I first found out about the website through just flicking through Google. I simply typed in "Cheap and affordable clothes" and Select Fashion came up.

WEBSITE

Their website is very easy to use. It used to be a sleek black look but they have now updated it to look more bright and colourful and it is a lot easier to find things now.

SELECTION

They have a good selection of clothes. Their stock is always up to date from what I can see. They offer lots of sizes from a size 6 - 18 and for shoe sizes 3-8. They are bang on trend too and match up to the standards of New Look and Topshop in my opinion!

MY ORDER

I ordered a few things from the website which included some leopard print leggings, leopard print wedges and a cute black tiger top. They were all affordable, the leggings which I had seen in Topshop at £40 were only £8 on select...amazing! The wedges I bought were £30 but I got them for £10 in the sale! And finally my black tiger top was just £6. The best way I can describe this shop is that it is a little like an Online PRIMARK!

HANDLING AND SHIPPING

So after placing my order and getting my order number through it was now the waiting game. I made my order on the Monday, and it was estimated to reach me by the Friday. So, it got to Friday and I just sat waiting for the postman and no one came. So I thought , Okay I'll give it till Monday, they probably had a load of orders go through at the same time. I finally gave in when it got to the following Tuesday and I still hadn't recieved my order. I emailed their customer service team...no reply. So I emailed again...no reply. So at this point I was pretty angry so I took to their Facebook page and asked on there. No one replied to my message however they were replying only to the one's that were complimenting them. At the time there must have been about 8 of us all complaining and no one was answering us. In the end I rang them and they apologized for not getting back to me. My order finally came around 3 days later - I think they forgot to ship it to be perfectly honest - I was pleased with my items.

QUALITY

The quality of the products I received was really good. I was pleased that the t shirt was good quality material as opposed to sheer and cheap. The leggings looked identical to the Topshop one's so I was very pleased! And my wedges were stunning!

PRICE

The price overall was very reasonable and affordable.

CUSTOMER SERVICE SUMMARY

Overall their customer service absolutely sucks. So I hope no one has to go through what I did! They are rude for ignoring me , they were extremely slow and in my opinion a tad dippy when I spoke to them on the phone..."Oh really...Oh dear what a shame let me look into that for you...ohh" I understand they were probably busy but if they had been straight with me from the beginning then ok I would have lightened up a bit about the situation!

OVERALL

Overall I AM going to recommend this as their clothes are brilliant quality and affordable. I am hoping that the service I got was just a one off. I will be making another order with them in the hope that they will send it on time etc. I loved the clothes I got , good quality!

Hannahisme x

Product Information : Select (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 29/03/2001